Chapter 8

When Daniel had heard the noises and stepped into this room, he hadn't expected this even in his wildest dreams. The room had fallen silent since he entered, everyone looking frozen and shocked and everyone was in a stand still, probably like him assessing how best to approach this situation.

It almost looked like a scene from a TV-show, and he almost expected to hear background laughter, or a camera crew saying that they played a trick on him.

But nothing of the sort happened. Daniel felt a twitch in his eye when he saw the tensed muscles of the three men in front of him, and coming to a decision, he purposely relaxed his body, and gestured to them aloofly.

"Is this some kind of sexual thing?" Daniel asked, and he felt a bit of relief when that elected a reaction with both Lewis and Charles started to deny it vehemently.

"What, of course not," "how could you think that, seriously,"

Both drivers were frowning and putting their attention on Daniel, and that's when Max took advantage of their lack attention on it, quickly pulling away from Charles' grip and slipping past Lewis in one smooth movement.

All three caregivers followed the movement and to Daniels surprise, he saw Max slide on his knees next to a trash can, wincing slightly when he landed. Then he quickly put his hand in there, and made a triumphant noise when he grabbed something out there.

"Hey, don't do that," Lewis said softly, turning around, wanting to grab the thing Max was holding. Max was too quick though, holding his hands out of reach and climbing to his feet again, "come on, don't be like that,"

"Mine," Max said, and dodged past Lewis, but Charles was already making his way for him and in a panicked look, Max decided to run towa rds Daniel, who was still looking flabbergasted at the situation, and didn't even try to dodge his former teammate.

The half naked Max quickly hid behind Daniel, his arms wrapping tightly along Daniel's waste, and his head pressed in between Daniel's shoulder blades. It was almost as if he expected to be able to hide like that.

Daniel looked down at the hands wrapped around his stomach, finally able to see what Max had taken and wondering why the other two were so opposed against the fact that Max had a paci in his hands.

"Okay, stop for a second," Daniel said when the two caregivers were coming his directions, "I need some explanation here. Why is Max in a diaper, and why does he have a paci? And why can't he have it?" Daniel asked completely confused.

His mind was already going through some possibilities, considering them but not able to accept some of them, even if they explained a lot about the current situation. After all, he had been in the same team as Max for years, so he would have noticed if the other man was a little right? Besides, even if he hadn't noticed it, if Max really was a little, he would have sought comfort with Daniel when they were teammates, like Lando did now he was with McLaren. It was only natural.

For a moment, the room fell silent again, and the only thing that happened where Max's arms squeezing around him a little tighter. The diapered driver didn't say anything, so Daniel looked at the other two in the room who were still standing in front of him. The more he stared at them, the more awkward they looked, not even able to look him in the eye.

"Well?" Daniel asked again, feeling a bit impatient.

"You see, the thing is," Charles started to say, and he could just see the man trying to make up some kind of excuse, making him consider that this just might be a sexual thing after all. He guessed that they were a bit embarrassed about being found out like this, but Daniel guessed if they got turned out by this, it's their own affair. Secretly Daniel really didn't want to belief the other explanation of why Max was in a diaper, not wanting to acknowledge the fact that the man had never felt comfortable enough with him to be in headspace.