Chapter 43

"You cleaned," Brad stated after he had closed the door to the bedroom. He still kept his voice soft, not wanting to wake up Max now that he was asleep.

"Yeah, I did," Charles said, looking up at the taller man, "Max is taking a nap?"

"Yes, he is," Brad said with a grin, "he was sure that he wouldn't, but the bottle made him fall asleep like nothing,"

"That's good," Charles said, happy, shifting his shoulders a bit as if he was trying to get a certain tenseness out of them.

"You okay there?" Brad asked with a frown, before approaching Charles, and putting his hands on the nape of his neck, "a stiff neck or something?"

"No, not really," Charles answered, flushing a little before wincing when Brad started to massage his shoulders a bit and immediate found a hard muscle, "just, I don't know, less tense,"

"This is less tense?" Brad asked, his eyes widening a little while he continued the massage, used to working out the stiff muscles in Max and knowing what the driver's needed. Charles gave a small groan while he worked on loosening them.

"Yeah, it is," Charles said, not commenting on the stress he had been feeling from his last few races, with all the bad luck just seemingly coming his way, "being here with you and Max made it a bit better,"

"Ah, well that's the effect of littles," Brad said with a grin, stopping the massage and patting his back, "you don't have any in Ferrari?"

"No," Charles said, feeling slightly disappointed with the lack of contact, "all bases or caregivers,"

"That's too bad. It helps to have littles near you when you're traveling. And at home? You have someone there? Or a family member who's a little?" Brad asked, but Charles just shook his head.

"No, no one. My family are all base," Charles said.

"Oh, well no wonder you're so tense. You should spend some more time with me and Max," Brad said, making Charles look at him wide-eyed.

"With you and Max," the caregiver asked, and Brad nodded.

"Yes. It's not just littles that need caregivers, but caregivers need littles as well. If we don't have an outlet for our own instincts, we start to falter," Brad explained, "most caregivers have someone near them who is little, even though a lot of them don't have a little of themselves,"

"Oh, right," Charles said, "so, you wouldn't mind me tagging along every now and then?"

"No, I would love to have you come. Max does adore you when he's in headspace," Brad said.

"Well, I guess I can come over a few times," Charles said, suddenly feeling a little shy for some reason. Brad smiled at him, and he felt a little tingle in his stomach.

"That's great," Brad said, "and you'll see, everything will feel better when you stay over with a little a bit more,"

Max blinked in the darkness, wondering where he was for a moment. He rubbed his eyes with a groan and turned around, feeling the bar of the crib against his back. It took him a few more moments before he realised that it was the middle of the day, and that he in fact had napped.

Now in his big headspace, he groaned while he put his hands to his face, only noticing the paci still in his mouth. He pulled it out and put it the side, frowning a little in the darkness of the room.

"Guess I better can get up," he muttered to himself, thinking that he wasted enough time already.

Sitting up, Max opened the side of the crib and climbed out of the bed, and taking of the sleeping clothes Brad had bothered to put him in. The diaper was still dry, so he didn't bother changing it and just threw some shorts over it.