Chapter 27

Max had quickly stripped himself out of the dirty clothing, embarrassed that his diaper had leaked. Normally, he tried to not drink too much in the evening to stop this from happening, but with all that happened yesterday, he had forgotten.

Standing in front of the shower, he looked at the bunny ear in his hand. It couldn't go in there with him. Rationally he knew this, rationally, he knew he had to put it on the sink and he would just pick it up again when he was out.

Emotionally, it was difficult. Letting go of the piece of fabric, he felt the immediate sense of loss, but he was big now, and he could deal with it. Folding his face in a neutral position, he took a step back, and purposely turned his back towards the ear.

Getting in the shower, Max took his time, trying to ignore the way his stomach was twisting and turning. Giving a sigh, he let the water run over him.

Trying to use the time to collect himself, he washed himself, knowing that he shouldn't take too long either. Bradley would insist on a healthy breakfast before they left, and even though it was a private jet, he didn't want to make too many people wait for him.

Reaching his behind, he hissed a little, gingerly touching the bruised flesh. It felt tender, but it wasn't anything he wasn't used to. Actually, considering what his dad did yesterday, it felt a whole lot better than he had expected. It seemed that the salve really worked quite well.

Getting out of the shower, he quickly wrapped himself in a towel, drying his hair, still trying to ignore the bunny ear, but unable to glance at it's direction, feeling relief when it was still there.

Once he was dried, he glanced around the bathroom, his eye falling on the balled up diaper, and he felt his nerves increase again. Max couldn't help but feel pathetic right now. All of this, of Bradley taken care of him, was happening because he wasn't managing.

If only he could do better. It wasn't as if his dad forbade his headspace, so he didn't understand why he was like this now. It wasn't as if he was deprived completely. Feeling a tear suddenly fall out of his eye, and his mind suddenly grow fuzzy, Max let out a startled gasp at the feeling.

"Get a hold of yourself Verstappen," Max said to himself, looking in the mirror, and trying to keep in his big headspace. He had been little long enough, now was not the time. He needed to get ready for his flight, and if he dropped in headspace now, he didn't know if he could. And he didn't want to leave it to Bradley to prepare the two of them.

Marching to the door, he grabbed the bunny ear, unable to make himself leave without. Clutching it tightly to him, he hoped that Brad wouldn't mention it at all. It was embarrassing to suddenly have this intense need to have the scrap with him. Being big, he realized that this wasn't going to bring Bunny back, that he probably would be better of just throwing it away and accept the stupid lion plushie.

But Lion wasn't Bunny. And he didn't want anyone but Bunny.

"Bradley?" Max asked, opening the door, and looking around the room. It felt a bit embarrassing to walk around in only a towel in someone else's room. That and the risk of an accident left him standing in the door opening of the bathroom, hoping that Bradley would soon react.

"Are you done, Max?" Bradley asked, stepping out of his bedroom an into the living room.

He saw Max hover in the door opening, one hand clutching a towel around his waist, the other one the piece of fabric of bunny. Brad smiled warmly at Max, pretending to not notice the desperate hold Max had on the remnant of the stuffy.

"Yeah," Max said hesitantly, "Uhm, I'm not...wearing protection,"

The words were said softly, and Max his cheeks had flushed up when he mentioned it, but Bradley didn't let it get him down. It was so weird to see a little so uncomfortable with his needs, but he knew that paying attention to it was just going to make it worse.