Chapter 44

Max was nervously glancing at the door every so often, even though he and Lando were playing a game. He just wanted Brad to be there, and just see the caregiver. Somehow, he had gotten quite attached to Brad already, even after only spending so little time with him.

"You're small already?" Lando asked, a small lisp coming from him. Max looked at him and thought about it before he nodded.

"Yes, small," he said, looking at door again, before turning towards the caregiver in the room, "Daniel?"

"Yes Maxie?" Daniel asked, having followed the interaction between the two littles with a smile and already seeing the telltale signs of littles going in their headspace.

"Is Brad taking long?" Maxie asked, a bit of worry in his voice.

"I don't think so. He'll have to get some stuff from your room, so that might take a little while," Daniel explained, and Maxie nodded, thinking it did sound logic. He turned back to the boardgame he was playing with Lando, not understanding half the rules, but dutifully rolling the die anyway.

A knock sounded on the door, and Max shot up, almost falling down again because of his shoddy balance when he regressed.

"Brad!" he said with a smile, running towards the door and opening it, before recoiling when it wasn't Brad at all.

"Maxie, just wait a minute," Daniel said, running behind him immediately, not wanting the little to open the door when he was regressed.

"Uhm, room service here," a surprised man said, looking at the world champion who looked as if he could cry at any moment.

"Ah, Maxie, Brad will be here soon. I just ordered some room service for dinner," Daniel explained, "shh, it's okay,"

"Sorry," Maxie said, looking at the floor and swallowing back his tears. By now, Lando had joined them, and took Maxie's hand in his, knowing that Maxie was really little and needed a little more help.

"Come, let's go to the table," Lando said, pulling Maxie away from the door.

"Sorry about this mate," Daniel said to the hotel employee, slipping him an extra tip, "hope this stays between us,"

"Oh, yes sir, of course. Discretion is very important," the young man said, still pocketing the tip. Daniel smiled at him and took the food.

When he turned around, he was glad to see the littles already sitting ready at table and he joined them, distributing the food.

"So, let's see, what do we still need?" Daniel asked, putting a finger to his mouth in a thoughtful expression. Lando grinned, putting his finger in the air and eagerly bouncing up and down on his chair until Daniel smiled and turned towards him, "yes, Lando?"

"I know, we need bibs," the little said, "Maxie especially,"

Maxie looked with a frown to Lando, but didn't say anything, knowing that when he was so small, he did need some help to keep clean. But he disliked the other little pointing it out like that.

"Ah, yes, bibs," Daniel said, quickly fetching two, "I got a green one and a yellow on, who wants which one?"

"Yellow," both littles said at the same time.

"Green," Max said immediately after, a flush on his cheek while he looked down at the table nervously, feeling out of his element. He probably had been rude. He was a guest, he should have Lando choose first.

"Well, why don't I just get a second yellow one," Daniel proposed with a frown, not liking to see the pout on Maxie's face.

"Is fine," Maxie said, looking up and glaring slightly at Daniel. He was feeling unsure about the current situation and Maxie just reverted to his normal defensive face. Daniel looked at him, unsure, but the caregiver didn't want to put any more attention to the bib incident, or to make Maxie even sadder, so he just nodded.