Chapter 6

As soon as Charles agreed to play with Maxie, the little jumped from his chair, going over to the three cars that were already lying down on the carpet.

"Shouldn't we first wash your face?" Charles asked amused, making Max look up in surprise, not having realised that his face had been dirty. He touched his cheek carefully, his finger coming away sticky.

"Oh, right," Maxie said, but instead of doing something about it, he just stood a bit lost in the middle of the room, looking at Charles for further guidance. It took a few moments for him to notice the look.

"Let's quickly go to the bathroom," Charles said easily.

"Yeah," Maxie answered, immediately following the suggestion. Charles made sure to follow the little, not sure if Maxie was capable of doing it all on his own. Entering the bathroom, he saw Maxie fiddle a bit with the faucet, and dipping his hands under before splashing his face, managing to wet half of his top at the same time.

"Whoa, careful," Charles said, quickly grabbing a nearby towel and drying him off, dabbing the shirt a bit, but it was already too late. Maxie looked down at the wetness, his lip wobbling slightly.

"Sorry," he sniffed.

"Hey, it's okay. I bet you have another shirt in your bag," Charles said, dabbing the eyes dry when Max nodded sadly, "okay, let's go get it,"

Maxie stood looking at Charles with big eyes, looking at the door for a moment and then back at the Ferrari driver.

"Here I'll go with you," Charles said, while he took Maxie's hand in his and guided him to the bedroom, telling him to wait a moment while he went through the luggage. Another set of pyjamas was soon found and he held it out to Max.

"Do you just want to change the shirt, or the whole pyjama?" Charles asked, showing the items he held in his hands. Maxie looked at the different coloured set, and then at the pants he was wearing.

"Whole," Maxie said, not liking to think that his pants and top wouldn't match.

"Okay," Charles said, and started to help Maxie take of the top, the little dutifully holding up his arms to make it easier. Charles immediately put the dry one on, not wanting Maxie to catch a cold, before removing the bottoms, revealing the diaper.

Charles looked at it hesitantly, seeing that it had been slightly used in the meanwhile, and not knowing if he should let it on or change it again. It hadn't been on very long yet.

"What's wrong?" Maxie asked when Charles didn't move, "did Maxie do something wrong?"

"No, not at all. I just saw you were slightly wet," Charles said hesitantly, Maxie looked down at his diapered crotch, seeing the slightly stained moistness indicator. Then he poked the fabric, pressing down with the flat of his hand against his crotch.

"Is just little," he shrugged, "legs are cold,"

"Ah well, I guess we keep it on for a little longer then," Charles said, holding open the pants for Max to step in, which the little did, almost losing his balance but putting his hands on Charles back for the extra support.

"Can we play now?" Maxie asked, "I got cars,"

"Let's check them out," Charles said with a half smile. Maxie smiled back shyly, taking Charles hand and pulling him back to the little coffee table on the carpet.

"Here they are," Maxie said, putting the three cars that had been lying on the ground on the table before picking up a small tin, and opened it up, presenting it to Charles. It contained about half a dozen cars, most of them slightly dented and even one which only had one wheel.