Chapter 21

Max felt the painful grip of his father on his upper arm, and he let out a small gas when it pulled him towards the table the man had been sitting at. Unable to react, he followed the man, trying not to trip over his own feet.

Unlike what he expected, he wasn't thrown on a chair, but instead his dad pushed his face against the table top, his torso smacking hard against the wood and when Max tried to get up, Jos just pushed him down harder, anger clear in the movements.

It had probably been smouldering in him since the moment he had been at Red Bull, and Max knew that was a bad thing. Most people calmed down a little when they were left on their own with their thoughts, able to reason, but he knew his dad was the reverse.

If Jos got mad, and immediately could get it out of his system it was usually better, less painful and less horrid. But if the man waited, he got more and more angry, more and more vicious, and it scared Max.

"Do you have any idea how humiliated I am," Jos said aggressively, his tone not loud but the anger clear in it. Max could feel his body automatically start to tremble at the tone, realising just how mad his father was.

"Dad, I'm sorry. I can explain," Max tried, hoping to be able to alleviate some of that anger, but Jos snorts, cutting him off.

"Explain how? That Red Bull is trying to get rid of me. And what do they get in the place, a snivelling little baby," the man sneered, leaning down so he was hanging over Max, his mouth nearly near Max his ear, his voice to loud to be so close, "I don't care what they are planning, but you won't let them,"

"Dad, I couldn't... they ..." Max started to say, feeling his breath hitch in his throat and his mind grow fuzzy. Desperately he tried to push it back, not wanting to lose his words and reasoning, knowing he needed to keep his wits about if he was going to get out of this without being hurt too much.

"They what?" the man asked, frowning. Max felt the hands push him down a little more.

"They said I'm not allowed to see you on my own," Max said with fear, and Jos paused.

"Did they?" he asked, getting up from Max, who breathed a sigh of relief to not have the weight leaning down on him. Max almost thought his dad was calming down, but he wasn't sure because the news wasn't good. Cautiously, he lifted his face and torso a little bit upwards, looking at his dad, "what did you do to stop them?"

"Me? I ... they ... Christian said he went to the authorities," Max stuttered out, and before he knew it, he was slammed a second time in the wood of the table, feeling his shorts being tugged down. Max heard the clattering of the paci in his pocket falling down on the ground, and Max was relieved when his dad hadn't seen it, or at least didn't react to it. He still had to give this one back to Lando.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Jos said, smacking the diapered behind hard, and leaving his hand there before it went forward between the legs, "god, it's still warm even. Did you just piss yourself? Are you so scared of me, like a little coward?"

"Dad, I just... Bradley brought them..," Max said, trying to force the words out, wanting to answer his dad's questions because the man had asked, but knowing that they would just bring him in more trouble.

Jos kept on standing there, the hand pressing against the thickness of the diaper, making Max even more nervous, and he stuttered out some more words, but the fuzziness in his brain was making thinking difficult.

The babbling served only to make Jos more and more angry and mid sentence he finally moved his hand. Gripping the back of the diaper, he pulled it hard, the tab cutting in max's skin before it let go, the diaper falling down on the ground with a thud.