Chapter 11

After the conversation with his dad, the car was filled with silence and Max was lost in thoughts for the rest of the ride. It was at times like these that he always hated that he was a little. Normally, he didn't care a lot about it either way, as long as it didn't stand in the way of doing what he wanted.

But his dad was trying to help him out, and Max knew he wasn't the brightest and his dad knew better then him about how his headspace would just sabotage him from achieving his goal.

His dad just wanted to help him achieve his dream, that was all. Max knew how much the man had done for him, trying to push him harder and harder so he could achieve so much, and he knew he shouldn't be ungrateful. All the man asked was for him to not be little anywhere in public, and Jos made it clear that it was more for Max's sake then anything else that he had asked.

Max could do that. Max could show his dad that he knew how to behave, and he would bring home another win, and then another and the man would be proud of him. He would show his dad that he could be a good boy, the best there was.

"Now, are you ready to be a grown up?" Jos asked, parking the car and looking at Max with a slightly angry look, and Max nodded, his face serious. He wanted his dad to see how serious this was.

"Yes," he said, and Jos nodded, for once looking pleased, and Max felt happiness in him to have caused that look, but he stayed calm, not wanting to give his dad any reason to get mad at him again and smiling so suddenly after such a heavy topic would just make the man angry again.

"Okay, now put let's get changed, and then you can start your training," Jos said, going with Max to the workout area, taking the bag with the fitness clothing and reserve diapers with him.

As soon as they were in his dressing room, Max changed out of the pants he was wearing, putting on the spandex short over his diaper, and quickly hiding it from his dad's view, already feeling the disapproval waft of the man, even though it was still dry.

The spandex short pressed the diaper uncomfortably close to his skin, and Jos always made him wear it, so that not one of his trainers could see that he was wearing a diaper, but it did feel very icky, especially when he was wet or sweaty, and especially now that he had a rash, making it feel almost painful. He could already feel where the diaper was pressing deep into his skin, but he could bear with it.

It was all okay, as long as his daddy would be happy with him, he could do this. Dressed completely, he looked hesitantly at Jos, who looked at him strictly.

"So, ready to man up?" Jos said, and Max nodded decisively, "good. Now go out there, and none of that little nonsense. I'll come check on you later,"

"Yes dad," Max said, getting out of the dressing room and seeing Jos stalk off, not knowing if he felt relieved that the man was gone, or sad that he wouldn't see how good Max would do in his training. Well, he didn't need anyone to look over him for that. He was a big boy and he could start training all on his own.

"Ah Max, already here?" Bradley, his trainer and also a caregiver, asked when he came in, seeing Max already busy with his usual work out.

"Yeah, got here early," Max said, finishing his exercise, and getting up, frowning when he saw that Bradley was studying him rather close, the tall man leaning over him a little.

"Something wrong?" Max asked, shifting uncomfortably, and trying not to wince when he felt his rash flare up a bit despite the salve Charles had used before.

"You know, I kind of suspected," Bradley said with a smile, patting his head, "but why didn't you say anything?"

"What?" Mas asked, confused by the man's actions, tilting his head a bit.