Chapter 33

Max was glad that Brad went to open the door, leaving him alone with all the new stuff. It was difficult to stop himself from sliding into headspace with all those toys around him, and Brad being so nice and supportive towards him.

Looking over the stuff, Max thought it was nice that Brad had bought it for him, even though Max hadn't even asked.

It seemed that Brad was familiar with what littles of Max's headspace range wanted, because all the things were things that Max had seen in the past, but had never had dared to buy for himself. It would cause too many conflicts if his father ever found out about it, or if some stray journalist ever saw him enter a shop where they had toys for littles.

It was a good thing that Brad knew Max had more than enough money to spend, and had splurged on buying so much stuff. Max wondered if he should pay back double or something for all the time that Brad had spent looking for the stuff.

Normally the trainer should be able to relax when Max wasn't in headspace, instead of going out of his way to buy stuff for Max. the guy really was too good to him.

Max was still marvelling at the sheer quantity of things Brad had bought. He couldn't remember a time where he had this many different toys. Looking over the book again, he wondered if Brad was going to read them to him, or if he was just meant to look at the pictures on his own. Perhaps Brad didn't realise it that Max lost his words and reading ability when he aged down.

It felt kind of selfish to want Brad to read them to him, when he was perfectly able to just read them when he was big and could still enjoy the pictures when he was being little.

"Max, can you come for a moment," Brad called out, his voice sounding happy and surprised, and Max wondered who was at the door to make him sound like that.

"Yeah," Max called out, putting the stuff down on the coffee table, and looking forward to playing with the toys when he aged down after dinner. Well, seeing he was already a bit fuzzy, he guessed aged down completely.

Brad hadn't liked leaving Max on his own with the toys, especially not at this moment. The question about how much Max owed him made him have a feeling that the little wasn't thinking of the toys as a present, and he had wanted to fix the misunderstanding immediately.

Having someone knocking on the door wouldn't have been very beneficial, so Brad had decided that it could wait five minutes. It wasn't as if Max was going to write him a cheque in the meanwhile.

Opening the door, he was surprised to see Fernando standing there. He hadn't expected anyone really, but Fernando wouldn't even make it to the top ten of people that he might have suspected being on the other side.

"Hi," the driver said, a grin on his face.

"Hi?" Brad said back, puzzled to see the man there. The big smile almost felt threatening, and Brad fought the urge to put a step back, "do you need something of Max?"

"Well, I think the reverse is more true," Fernando said, if anything, the smile growing a bit bigger. He leaned over a little, and in a loud whispered talked, "I found something,"

Brad looked in surprise when Fernando took a stuffed bunny out of his bag, the ear missing and the fabric worn, it's colour fading from multiple washings. He had never seen Max's bunny before, but the colour was the same as the ear he insisted on dragging around, and the fact that it had only one ear was rather tell-tale.

"Is that Max's bunny?" Brad gasped out in a whisper, not having expected the stuffy to ever return. Max was devastated without it, and it being here, it seemed to good to be true.

"Yeah. I took the same flight as Jos, and I managed to ...procure it," Fernando said vaguely, clearly not wanting to elaborate on how he got it, giving the impression that it might not have been completely legal.