Chapter 32

The rest of the airplane ride, Max stayed in his big headspace, relieved when no one was pressuring him to be little for the moment, relieved, and perhaps a little bit disappointed as well.

He guessed it was perhaps burdensome on them anyway when he was little, and they just accepted it because he needed to be little around a caregiver because otherwise he wouldn't be a good enough driver to be on their team.

Max still remembered what the doctor had said about him having Deprivation syndrome and that he needed to be around caregivers to get better.

Subtly, he glanced at Brad, holding the tablet in front of him so no one would notice him looking. To be honest, he hadn't minded being little with him around.

Max actually didn't mind going in headspace, not even in the past had he really minded, as long as his dad wasn't there to tell him off. And the diapers were kind of annoying as well, but he had gotten used to them a long time ago.

It did feel a bit embarrassing to realise that too many people knew about them, but it wasn't as if he was the only little that needed them. Even Lando, whose headspace was bigger than his, needed to wear pullups to bed.

Of course, not minding to go in headspace didn't mean he could expect everyone to drop everything for him all the time when he felt a bit fuzzy. Even though it had been so much better with a caregiver around, so much safer and warmer. Brad hadn't even laughed at him for spilling half of his food, or hadn't gotten mad, like his dad would have been.

But with Max already having spent so much time little, it was time to give Brad a much-needed break. And if it got too much for Max, he could just age down without saying anything. He had done that in the past a few times, when no one was allowed to know he was a little and when it had became all too much to hold it off.

He had been a bit bratty and wild then, but everyone just wrote it off as Max being Max. If he could just keep to himself, no one would notice it when he went little a bit more than planned, and no one would tell him off then.

The signal that they were landing soon sounded, and Max put the tablet to the side, fastening his seatbelt, still lost in his thoughts. He might just try it out later to go in headspace when no one would notice. That way he could get the benefice of being near someone without them having to bother and worry too much about him.

Getting out of the plane, they quickly got in the hired car, Brad not insisting on conversation. Max took out the tablet again, going over the race data, and then looking at his sim schedule to pass time, easily following the caregiver when they arrived in the hotel, and trying to ignore the many curious looks thrown his way.

Brad collected the key quickly and guided him to the elevator, and then down the hallway past several doors.

"Here, this is our room," Brad said, looking at Max, who only now noticed that Brad only had one key.

"We're sharing?" Max asked, and Brad stiffened up for a moment, but opened the door. Of course, the driver wouldn't have expected to need to share a room at his level anymore.

"Yeah," Brad said, feeling slightly awkward, "do you mind? Otherwise, I think we can get a new arrangement. Perhaps rooms next to each other?"

"No, sharing is fine," Max quickly said, flushing slightly, "you sure you don't mind? I mean, that means you have to deal with me a lot more,"

"No, I don't mind," Brad said, standing still and looking away from Max for a moment, before abruptly turning around, a determined expression on his face, "Max, I got a question,"

"Yes?" Max said, suddenly nervous for some reason. Brad's face was very serious right now, and Max went over the previous events, wondering where exactly he had gone wrong.