Chapter 39

Maxie woke up, blinking in the darkness and trying to get his thoughts together. He was big now, and his sleep addled brain wasn't really being very active. A small snore brought his attention to the bed and Max looked through the bars of the crib, able to see Brad lying there thanks to some spots of lights which passed the curtains.

Hugging bunny a little closer, he yawned, and wiggled a little in the bed, trying to think back about what happened yesterday and froze.

Staring at bunny, he could see the two ears attached, so Max was quite sure that it wasn't just a dream.

"Shit," he swore, realising that he had bitten Brad. The caregiver had been surprisingly nice about it, not having punished him at all. Well, a bit of corner time, but that could hardly be called a punishment.

But Max knew that this was it. Now that he was big again, and it was day, Brad would surely go up to Christian and demand Max to be taken out of his hands. He really had knack of fucking things up.

Pressing his head into bunny, he tried to calm down his breathing. He would just need to deal with this. That's all. Just another thing thrown at him. He was quite sure that Christian would find another caregiver to deal with him, after all, they had said that Max couldn't drive anyway and with the way this season was going, Red bull needed him around.

Managing to calm down, Max looked up again at Brad. A twinge in his stomach made him realise that he had actually liked having the man as his caregiver. The trainer was surpringsly patient with him, and even had gotten him some stuff. Which Max still needed to pay back, of course, but he had never dared to buy himself things before.

Suddenly, he felt his gut clench, and a moment later Max soiled his diapers, feeling the mess push into it. Groaning in annoyance, he went with his hand through his hair.

"Time to get up," he said to his bunny, never one to get out of bed early if he could help it. But with the icky diaper, he couldn't stay in it anymore. Shifting to his knees, he saw the two other stuffies lying in his bed.

Feeling a bit of pity with them, he laid them on his pillow and covered them, before trying to lower the edge of the crib.

"Max, are you awake?" Brad asked in the darkness, his voice sleepy and Max flinched. Now he had even managed to wake up the caregiver with all his noise.

"Yeah, I am," Max said, completely getting out of the crib, "I'm big now, so you can sleep in,"

"Do you need a change?" the caregiver asked, sitting up in the bed and yawning widely.

"I'll manage," Max said, suddenly realising that he was wearing a footed sleeper. He felt a bit silly wearing the item, but it had felt comfortable.

"Here, let me help. I'm awake anyway," Bradley said, turning on the light on the nightstand, and making Max blink, "oh, you went messy,"

"How did you know?" Max asked, surprised. He knew there was a smell, but he hadn't thought it to be that noticeable.

"Your kind off...leaked," Brad explained, and Max looked down, seeing a discoloured wet patch on the sleeper, and flushed when he realised his mess had gotten out of the diaper.

"I'm sorry," Max said, feeling flustered all of a sudden.

"It's okay. Let's get you cleaned up, and than a shower," Brad said, and before Max could protest, the caregiver was putting down a big towel on the bed, adding a second layer with a smaller one and patted on it for Max.

"I...I can really manage on my own," Max said hovering nearby. Brad's face fell.

"You don't want me to help you?" the man asked him, his voice sounding sad and alarming Max.