Chapter 46

Brad was pacing in the hotel appartement ever since he gotten back after making sure Max had gotten all of his stuff while he stayed over with Lando.

The spacious area seeming too large for him now he was on his own. He had tried to go to bed a little earlier, but he hated the sight of the empty crib, and the realisation that Maxie was now happy somewhere else.

A moment later he felt bad about hating the fact that Maxie was happy somewhere else, and he had gotten out of the bed with a frustrated sigh.

When he had started to be a personal trainer in the F1, he had known that the changes of him getting a little or being paired with a little were slim, seeing that at the moment he had started the job, there hadn't been a single little on the grid.

But when he paired up with Max, it had been good enough for him. The normal pressing instincts of a caregiver to go seek out a little were dampened and he had put it on the fact that being a trainer on this level of the sport was almost like caregiver.

Oh, he had thought that Max was a base for years, but there had been small mannerisms that he could only place now. His dad had always wondered why his instincts hadn't been going haywire without any littles ever near, and now he knew why.

But it was so annoying that Daniel and Lando had convinced Max to stay over so soon after he had found out. It was as if his body was screaming for the little to be near, their bond still growing and settling, the two of them getting used to each other and his hormones were yearning to keep Maxie as close as a he could.

Heaving a sigh, he swung his door open and decided to just go to the bar. He wasn't going to get overly drunk, but a change of scenery would perhaps put his mind of the fact that Max isn't where he's supposed to be.

Entering the room, he searched for a free spot somewhere, wanting to be a little secluded, and suddenly he spotted a familiar figure, nursing a glass of amber liquid and looking down dejectedly at the table.

"Hi there," Brad said, approaching Charles and smiling down at him, "mind if I'd join? Or are you here to contemplate your life in silence?"

"Oh, Brad. No, you can join," Charles said, looking a little puzzled at the man, "Maxie is asleep?"

"He's staying over at Daniel and Lando's," Brad explained, wanting to assure the other man that he wouldn't leave the little on his own.

"Ah, that makes sense. He likes those two," Charles said, trying to smile, but not really feeling it. Brad frowned, and leaned a little closer.

"So, what's bothering you?" he asked, his overprotective instincts still on full after practically leaving Max on his own.

"Me? Oh, I don't know," Charles said, shrugging the concern off a little, "season isn't going as good as I want,"

"Yeah, Ferrari is doing its own special thing," Brad commented, making Charles wince a little, but not commentating about his team, "but you seem to be making the best of it,"

"Thanks," Charles answered a little dejectedly. Silence filled the area between the two for a bit, them never having really interacted a lot before and they were rather awkward without Maxie there to break the ice.

"So, you said you never had a little before," Brad stated, and Charles shook his heads.

"No, and all my family are base, so I'm a bit of the odd one out," Charles admitted.

"Well, one can't deny you won the gene pool lottery," Brad said, just when Charles was taking as sip, making the driver cough at the sudden remark.

"What?" Charles asked, and Brad had the decency to blush a little.