Chapter 28

Bradley was looking over to Maxie while he got some eggs and toast from the buffet, glad that he had been able to leave him at a table with someone who he was familiar with, and who had already been with him when he had been headspace.

Still, he worried for Max. He had been very reluctant to go in headspace, and Bradley knew that he was just trying to work against any growing headspace right now.

Being in public was probably adding another difficult factor, and he knew that it was important to not push Max passed his boundaries, but still try to get him to just give in to the headspace more then before.

It was going to be a fine line to walk, but a necessary one. It wasn't because being little was Max's biology, that his mental state reflected that. But they needed to also think about his health.

Sighing deeply about the dilemma, Bradley hoped that he would be able to convince Max to be little soon, really little and not this barely not inbetweening thing he had going on. Putting on a smile, he returned to the table, knowing that it was important to make Max feel supported in this, and that meant not showing his own hesitation and ignorance, but being a good caregiver, capable of handling anything a little could throw at him.

Walking back, he couldn't help but smile at Maxie, glad that he had left him for a moment with the two Mclaren drivers. It had been difficult to leave him on his own, Brad's instincts screaming at him to not let the vulnerable baby on his own.

But it was easier for Max to let himself slide without being constantly scrutinized, or at least, feeling as if he was constantly scrutinized. Now he was attentively listening to Lando, one hand idly playing with the zipper of the hip bag, always nervously twitching, the other had the thumb out, resting next to the mouth, but not going in.

"Sorry for the wait," Bradley said when he returned, putting a plate in front of Max, who looked startled at him, before looking back forwards, not ignoring Brad, but not giving him his full attention either.

"Wasn't long," Max shrugged, twitching a little. He never really was good at sitting still and waiting.

"So, what where you talking about?" Bradley asked, taking a seat and smiling when Max picked up his fork, and poked at his food. He purposely aimed his attention to the other occupants at the table, not wanting Max to feel self-conscious.

"Just about stuffed animals," Lando said with a smile, "Max wanted to know about mine,"

"Ah, did he?" Bradley asked, seeing Max flush, and quickly put some food in his mouth. Well, try at least. It fell off right before he reached his mouth, dirtying Max's shirt.

The little quickly took a napkin and wiped it off, feeling flustered. Truth was, thanks to Bradley, Max was feeling his headspace pressing down on him a little harder, making it more difficult to eat cleanly. His hands seemed to have a will of his own.

"You two are leaving today as well?" Bradley asked, trying to not let the attention sit on Max, who clearly wasn't welcoming it. He just realized that the two drivers didn't know about what had happened the day before, and they wouldn't know about the bunny. Otherwise, the might have been a bit more cautious to talk about stuffies.

"Yeah. Need to prepare and all that," Daniel said, his gaze lingering on Max, who had finished cleaning off, and was hesitantly taking a second piece of egg on his fork, but instead of bringing it to his mouth, he leaned towards it, and this time it made it in his mouth.

Max looked up, and saw Daniel staring, feeling a bit hesitant and shy suddenly. Chewing his food, he felt his stomach turn a little, nervous at the stare, sure that they were just watching him to see him fail again.