Chapter 18

Max felt his mind slam into his big headspace, unnaturally sudden and it took him two blink before he realised that Bradley was leaning over him, just having closed the new diaper.

"God, oh, I think I'm going to be sick," Max said, feeling the nausea settle in his stomach while h thought about what had just happened. He sat up, holding his head, feeling slightly dizzy and looking shamefaced at the other people in the room "please tell me it was just dream?"

"You mean, with Jos?" Charles asked, crouching down next to Max and patting his back. The little looking at him, and then flushing, looking away while he tried to tug his shirt lower, just realising that he was sitting in just his diaper and a shirt.

"No, not with dad. I meant.... did you really carry me across the paddock? Wailing like that?" Max asked, his face red in embarrassment and looking at Bradley. How was he ever going to explain this to his dad, who had given up so much to make sure Max had a change with driving in F1.

"Yes I did. You were kind of inconsolable, and you wouldn't let go," Bradley said gently, and Max shifted nervously.

"Does that mean that everyone...knows?" Max asked, looking desperately at Bradley, hoping that the man would deny.

"Well, you know how the rumor mill goes, and a lot of people saw us," Bradley hedged around the answer, but Max understood. With a groan he buried his hands in his face, feeling his stomach doing flip-flops.

"God, this can't get any worse," he muttered, making Charles and Bradley frown.

"Don't worry about it. Christian is already speaking with the PR and we got a few statements out. So far the news is received very positively on social media," Bradley said, hoping to comfort Max, but the little shook his head, not looking any happier.

"And my dad?" Max asked, his voice sounding scared. He moved his hands a little, so he was able to see Bradley, and it almost felt to Charles as a mimicry from the game they had been playing before, but this time, no laughs or smiles where visible on Max's face.

"What about him?" Charles asked, a bit aggressively, making Max flinch back a little, before looking at Charles.

"Was he really mad? Is he still around here somewhere," Max asked, feeling apprehensive for the answer, "I should go and apologize,"

"Apologize?" Bradley asked, staring in horror at Max, who nodded in response, looking anxious.

"Yeah. I just, if I can find my phone," Max muttered, looking around, and suddenly noticing again hat his pants weren't there, and neither was his stuff, "I'm not wearing pants. And these aren't my diapers,"

"Those sucked," Bradley said, feeling upset at the way Max seemed to be stuck on wanting to contact Jos, "These ones are better,"

"But, they aren't mine," Max said, "dad doesn't like them if they have pretty pictures,"

"Well, Jos is not the one wearing them," Bradley said, sounding a little cross for the moment, hating to hear in how many ways the man had influenced Max, even in his choice of protection, which should be chosen for how comfortable they were and how much they absorbed, "besides, these take lots more fluid, and irritate less,"

"They do?" Max asked, looking down at the kitty in front, "but... dad says I have to wear white ones,"

"Why?" Charles asked, trying to divert the attention, seeing that Bradley was getting a bit flustered at the insistence of Max.

"...because these are for littles," Max said in a small voice.

"But you are a little," Charles said, not unkindly, "so these are just good for you,"