Chapter 19

Max looked at Christian leaving, not happy to suddenly need to go have his schedule changed because people found out about his headspace. He had always been a little, so Max couldn't really understand why anything needed to change now.

Max couldn't help but feel uncomfortable about the recent events, and the sudden changes. It had all been going good for the most part. His career was going well, he had managed to make his dad proud last year by becoming world champion, and even with the false starts this season, the races were going well.

Only his recent mistake during the race had been a bit of a downer, and he knew his dad had been disappointed in him because of that. The bruises on his bum reminded him that he should have just done better, that he is able to do better, but it had nothing to do with his designation.

Honestly, being little was merely an inconvenience, but one that he had under control. He never had regressed involuntarily and his dad made sure that Max could have an evening or two a week where he could go into headspace, Jos always telling him to do it when he wasn't around.

And it worked fine. This way he could be himself without putting the burden on anyone else. He didn't need looking after, never did.

Now, suddenly Christian seemed to not think him capable of taking care of himself anymore, and Max hated the fact that they wanted to inconvenience someone with watching him when he was small. And his dad wasn't here to help him deal with it.

Because Max had made him angry. Normally his dad dealt with things like these, always easily deflecting the rumors and the worries. If Max had been a good boy, his dad would have been here, telling everyone that Max was perfectly capable of dealing with his headspace himself and that there was no way that Max would regress involuntarily.

Although, a faint doubt niggled in Max's mind, going back to yesterday evening, when he hadn't managed to shake himself out of his regression to go down and eat, and this morning as well, which was highly unusual from him.

Max pushed the thought away, blaming his difficulties on the insistence of all the caregivers around him, knowing that being around caregivers could push littles in their headspaces sometimes.

"Here, let's get you into your pants," Bradley said, having looked at the silent Max, seeing the emotions flicker across his face. He could see the stubborn set change into something more thoughtful, and then saw the frown suddenly turn sad.

Not wanting Max to get too much stress from trying to think about it too much, he had decided to break the tension in the room. Moving the few steps closer to Max, Bradley went to sit down on one knee, holding the shorts open for Max to step in.

Max looked at them, surprised at Bradley's action, but also relieved that he could hide the diaper out of view. Being a little was bad, but he wasn't really embarrassed about that. Using diapers though, that wasn't so common, not even in little's, and he had to admit that it often did leave him a little embarrassed when he felt himself go in them.

Feeling rather silly that Bradley insisted on helping him get dressed, Max stepped in the shorts, putting a hand on Bradley's shoulder for extra support. He didn't want to complain in fear of the caregivers trying to twist it in him having a tantrum or something, like his dad always did when Max protested something he said.

Charles looked at Max stepping in the shorts, a look of concentration on his face while he carefully put his foot through a leghole.

Feeling a little out of place and rather intrusive for his staring, he tried to hide his own nervousness. Putting the blankets in the crib back in order, he shook them out, meaning to tuck them in correctly again, but then he hears something fall on the floor.