Chapter 12

Max did feel rather self-conscious after Bradley had helped him change the diaper. He could feel it sag a little more than usual because he wasn't wearing the spandex short over it, but it also felt a lot freer then before, the diaper not pressed in tightly against his skin, which was good of course, but he had a feeling that it was all rather visible right now.

Bradley didn't mention it anymore though, just guided him through his exercises as usual and treated him like before. The man was always very encouraging and he liked the positive attitude of his trainer, telling him whenever he did a good job and not just when he did something wrong.

Max was sweating by the time a knock sounded on the door, and their food was brought him, the smells making his tummy rumble.

"Lunch," Bradley said when he opened the boxes, Max getting up and wiping the sweat with a towel before taking a grateful seat.

Bradley gave him his portion, and absolutely famished, Max tucked in.

"It's nice today," he said, with his mouth full.

"It is," Bradley said, taking a sip of water before starting to eat as well and for a little while both men were silent.

"So, after this your nap," Bradley said when they were half-way through. Max froze at the words, startled, his fork halfway to his mouth. Pretending to not have been, he quickly put it in his mouth and chewed it slowly and thoughtfully.

"I'm not tired," Max said after he swallowed, taking a causal sip from his bottle and doing his best to avoid looking at Bradley.

"Max..." Bradley said slowly, but the little's face had a stubborn set to it and he interrupted his trainer before he could finish what he was saying.

"It's true. I'm not tired at all. I never take a nap," Max said. The feeling of having to take a nap was scaring him, not because he was scared to fall asleep or anything, but his dad just might come in and check up on him and then he would be angry when he saw Max lazing away instead of working out and trying to be better. Biting his lips, he muttered softly, "big boys take no naps,"

"That's true," Bradley said after a moment of silence, and Max looked up at him in surprise, not having expected the caregiver to give in so easily.

"It is?" Max asked, and Bradley had to surprises a smile at the incredulous tone Max was using.

"It is," Bradley said again, "but you're not that big,"

"Am big now," Max said with a pout of his voice, whining just a little. Bradley tried to not show his doubt, the tone and the way he worded it seeming a bit off from his normal adult headspace, but definitely not little either.

"Yes, you are in your big headspace right now," Bradley agreed, even though he wasn't 100% sure about that, but he knew when to pick his battles with Max, "but your body doesn't work that way. The headspaces interact, and it is known that small littles function better when they have a good schedule with naps planned in,"

"But I already do good enough without naps," Max argued again, and Bradley gave a sigh, but immediately changed his expression when he noticed the small wince Max gave at the sound of disapproval, something he didn't often hear coming from his trainer. Max felt his stomach squeeze at the sound, and couldn't make himself look up again.

"Well, let's try it like this then," Bradley started to reason, talking slowly while he was still thinking it through, "how about you just go and make yourself comfortable on the couch after we've eaten. Just lie there, close your eyes for about half an hour? If you're still awake, we'll just continue our workout,"

Max studied Bradley's face, but the man exuded reason at the moment. The little considered the option, thinking it through and weighing the pros and the cons of going with it or refusing.