Chapter 14: Speranza

Ayanokouji POV

The endless blue sea, the infinite clear blue skies, the cool breeze. Yes, we are currently on a cruise ship in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. This is what people call "paradise" huh

"Woah! look at this view" Katagiri said

"I know this is my first time seeing the sea" Sora said

"You mean OUR first time Nii?" Shiro said. I guess this is their first time seeing the ocean in person.

"Ohh right, of course dear sister of mine, anyways we'll go ahead and do some...business" Sora said before leaving. Don't tell me their planning to continue their little game with Yumeko but that's their own business.

The luxury cruise ship, Speranza. Onboard are first-class restaurants, a theater, pools, and other facilities for amusement, as well as a spa. If I were to ride this ship on my personal budget, it would've cost a few hundred thousand yen.

Currently everyone in Class S is doing their own thing:

1. Karma, Tatsuya, Kirigaya, and Yuuki said that they're going to one of the restaurants to eat.

2. Sora, Shiro, and Yumeko are pretty much continuing their little friendly challenge. Seriously I feel like I see them do this every day but that's not a problem since it is good that they're willing to fill our bank with the excess points.

3. Light, Ryuzaki, Lelouch, and Kururugi are currently relaxing somewhere.

4. Both Shirogane and Kaguya are checking out the pools. I saw Shirogane sweat a bit when Kaguya suggested to join her in swimming in one of the pools. I wonder what's that about? Is Shirogane bad at swimming or something else?

5. Kei is currently relaxing as well but his idea of relaxing ended up being searching around the ship and mapping every location. Oreki couldn't join this time, so Akise joined Kei instead.

6. Oreki is probably saving his energy in one of the bedrooms.

"Ayanokouji"

"hmm?"

"Have you ever been on a cruise ship before?"

"I don't think I have"

"Same, to be honest this is my first time too since I never had the budget at the time"

"Katagiri?" I wanted to ask some questions as he looked at me

"What is it?"

"Were you poor back in your childhood?"

He didn't answer, his face went blank, I wonder what's gotten into him. He seems uneasy about something; did I say something wrong?

"You could say that, but I don't want to discuss it any further" he said, I can sense some sorrow in him. Is his past really that bad?

"Sorry, I thought I might ha-"

"It's alright Ayanokouji, you don't need to apologize"

I didn't say much after, so I just continue to look at the vast sea.

-

-

-

Karma POV

The four of us arrived at one of those first-class restaurants and wow no kidding it's quite fancy that's for sure. I've been on one of these kinds of ships before in my previous summer vacation even though that summer vacation is pretty much assassinating the octopus. Anyways we found our seats and getting ready to order.