Chapter 33: Allies and Rivals

Kaguya POV 

Finally, the exam is over. I can finally relax and have fun before we all go back to ANHS. I'm currently with Miyuki-kun eating some ice cream sundae. It was fun, having our little date on a cruise ship. It just feels like I'm having more fun than I would've had in my entire life, not only that we did all win the exam even if it ends in betrayal. I have to apologize to Ichinose-san later but at least we got points from all of this. 

"Enjoying yourself Kaguya" he asked 

"Yeah, I am" I replied sheepishly 

"Is something wrong?"  

"No, it's nothing" 

To be honest there is something that's been bothering me for a while now and that was Ryuzaki. The things he said that night about knowing my family and even knew about "that man". It made me think that I could be in danger at some point. No, I shouldn't think about it too much but the fact that one of my classmates is the son of "that man". I don't know if he has good intentions or not. I really can't read Kiyotaka-kun. I can't tell Miyuki-kun about this since he'll probably be in danger himself and might do something reckless. 

"You two seem cozy" 

A voice joins in and it's that same monotone voice I've heard before. As we looked it was Hikigaya Hachiman. 

"You guys think you're quite clever huh?" Hikigaya said 

"What do you mean?" Miyuki-kun asked 

"They don't know it, but I know what your group did" 

"Yukimura wasn't the VIP, was he?" 

"huh?" 

"I knew that it was one of you from Class S, right?" hold on did he figure something out the entire time and we didn't know it. 

"How did you guess?" I asked 

"I wasn't so sure since you four are quite difficult to read but I was right that it was one of you" 

"Then who is it since you now knew it wasn't Yukimura?" 

"Simple it was Katagiri Yuuichi" I looked at him quite shocked that he managed to actually get that right 

"You knew?" 

"Well, that was after I found out that Yukimura wasn't VIP. Katagiri tricked him to make him pretend to be the VIP, am I wrong?" he asked while looking at me dead in the eyes. 

 "Yeah, you're right" 

"I thought so, to think that you four managed to manipulate an entire group like it was nothing. You guys really are interesting opponents." he said 

"Yeah, but we are currently on top of every class now so it's going to be tough for you or even your class to make it" I said 

"I'm aware but I did contemplate on something that Ayanokouji told me"  

"And that would be?" 

"To lead Class B, maybe if I decided to lead, then I wouldn't go easy on any of you next time"

Hikigaya sounds confident, so he's holding back somehow? No, he did say that he figured out the Yukimura wasn't the VIP AFTER the exam ended. But how did he guess Yuuichi-kun of all people and he was right? 

"Anyways, right now. I'll deal with Class S later, in fact there is someone that I need to deal with first since he is becoming a thorn on my side." 

"And who would that be?" Miyuki-kun asked. There was a bit of silence until Hikigaya spoke