Chapter 136: Get stronger/The Tyrant's last stand

Hachiman POV

Three events in a row. 

Class 2-D has already won by this point. 

I used every trick in the book imaginable to get to this point. 

Through my own intellect and this level cunning I never knew I was capable of. 

I was on the march to pass Ryuen's class. 

You've gotten yourself destroyed mentally. 

Not that I don't mind. 

Whether you are at your best or not matters little. 

This is my victory already and there's nothing you can do about it.

Our class managed to win all three events up to now with only one event remaining. 

Of course, I had to use a few underhanded tactics to get here. 

At least some of my classmates are willing to do what I say. 

And then there's those that question it. 

Not like they can do anything given the position our class is in now. 

I'm currently by myself right now a little far away from the group. 

As I pondered on my next plan to beat everyone in the next event.

"Satisfied with yourself?" a familiar female voice was heard. 

I looked back and surprising it was Ichinose herself. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked with an annoyed tone. 

"I mean why would you stoop to this level? this isn't how you performed in the previous exams." she said. 

"So, what if I decided to use underhanded tactics? Ryuen does it too. Except I tend to do it in on the fly since they wouldn't be expecting it right away." I said to her. 

"You weren't like this before. You wouldn't go this far to climb to Class A. I know I want to be in Class A like everyone else but the way you're doing it isn't right." Ichinose's right but I'd rather sacrifice my own classmates or even myself if I have to in order to win. 

I have to stoop this low. 

"How naive can you be? This is a school that judges you by merit. Now matter how talented you are, it means nothing if you don't get the results that you desire and if you're not on top." 

"Is there a point in having friends or honor if you can't succeed well enough?" I added. 

"Huh?"

"You live in a lie like everyone else. In fact, don't you remember last year when you were suspected of shoplifting?"

"Wait, why did you bring that up?!" she asked in shock. 

"For someone, who's a spotless, friendly leader. You wear a mask like everyone else. You hide your true self from the others. No matter how you see yourself. You're weak leader and a thief no less. Living in your own little fantasy world, where helping others and friendship became who you are but it also became your weakness. I can think of 102 ways on why a person such as yourself could be so weak. I used to be the strongest when it comes to losing battles, but I always win the war. Now it's different, in order to win battles and wars, you have to lose your sense of honor every once in a while. Not everyone is going to play on even grounds. That's why I became who I am now, because life is unfair, and you live in it." I explained. 

 Ichinose was speechless. 

But that is to be expected. 

"Aren't you going to join with the others? I don't want them to think that you're trying to rebel against me. It's utterly useless after all."