Chapter 118: Darkness within

At an undisclosed facility

3rd person POV

Six students from the current 6th generation are in a single room as they waited for a certain person. 

A boy who was playing around with a soccer ball suddenly spoke

Shinryuu: Ughhh, where is he? I'm already bored 

Hanako: Calm your ass down Shinryuu-kun, sensei said he's going to be here 

Shinryuu: Yeah, but it's already past 4 minutes and I've been kicking the ball for ages now

With meticulous accuracy and skill, Ito Shinryuu kept the ball in the air for 24 minutes straight without rest. 

Kenji: Why must you be the least patient out of all of us? 

Shinryuu: We were supposed to have this meeting about 20 minutes ago and he hasn't even shown up. 

While Shinryuu continues to kick the ball in the air, the 6th gen's artist, Hagimoto Hideki is currently painting the "Masterpiece" that he's been working on. 

Hideki: He'll arrive, (Now I just need a shade of brown on this area and the colors will match perfectly to how I envisioned it) 

Miya: Still working on that painting of yours Hideki-kun? 

Hideki: I've only worked on it for about a day so it will be done in approximately 5 minutes, my use of sfumato needs to be perfect

Hanako: You and your art lingo. Luckily, we're not idiots to know what that means.

Shinryuu: Heads up! 

A ball suddenly went flying towards Hideki at an incredible speed 

But with quick reaction and speed. 

Hamasaki Miya immediately caught the ball with her feet with inhuman speed 

Miya: Shinryuu-kun could you please stop horsing around? seriously this always happens when you get bored. 

Shinryuu: At least be thankful that you caught the ball. 

Hideki: And you should be thankful that you didn't destroy my art, I could've created a work of art with your corpse if you destroyed my work. 

Shinryuu: Nice joke Da Vinci jr 

Kenji: Be quiet! you don't want to piss of Yamato-dono right now. 

Shinryuu: Sure bookworm, ohh yeah what's the book you're reading this time? 

Kenji: The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene, who is also the author of "The 33 Strategies of War", quite the interesting read if you're a man that seeks domination over others. 

Shinryuu: Speaking of domination, I can't wait till we go to that school. You know the one that boasts a 100% college entry and employment rate? 

Kenji: Our training isn't even finished yet, I'm still quite sore from the last drill but I recovered for about 3 minutes after. 

Hanako: Seriously, this is taking way too long. I really want to see Ayanokouji-kun again!

Miya: We still have a few months left of training; we'll see him again assuming if all of us survive this that is.

Yamato: We will, the training may be harsher than the one that the 4th generation experienced since ours is more advanced and has forced us beyond our limits. But it is a way for us to be on equal footing with the Masterpiece and the Devil. 

Kenji: Speaking of the Devil, I just remembered. Didn't Ayanokouji-dono used to have a rival here before Daigo-dono? 

Yamato: If you are referring to "him" then I suggest you don't speak of his name. He's too weak to even be considered on the same level as the Masterpiece since he left this place to fulfill his own decisions in life.