Chapter 155: Gambler meets Swindler

Ayanokouji POV

It's around the afternoon as I'm currently watching Miyuki (Shirogane) run around the entire track field. 

I told him to run around the field 50 times.

Yes, quite the undertaking for someone of his talent. 

But given how much he's improved from my training. 

I'm sure he can succeed in such a task.

I was keeping how much he's already ran around.

He's at 36 laps right now. 

Only 14 to go. 

I continue to observe his progress. 

As I looked around, someone was on their way towards me. 

Perfect timing. 

"Hey" both Kurumi and Yumeko arrived. 

"Hey" I raised a hand to say hello as well. 

"So, why did you call us here for?" Yumeko asked.

"I have a favor, an important one." I spoke. 

"A favor you say?" Yumeko said with intrigue. 

"That's right, I want you two to gather intel on one of the Class A students."

"Which ones? I mean no offense but aside from a few people. Not a lot of them are that dangerous." Kurumi said.

"True but given the people we already discussed. I suggest we keep an eye on them." I said to them. 

"But I want you to keep an eye on one person for me."

"Chikao Tadashi"

"Hmm? why him?" Yumeko asked.

"You've dealt with greedy people before, right?" I asked.

"Greedy? well based on my experience, yes. I mean I'm quite rich myself and I've been asked by nosy people to lend them some money even after I gave them some before." Yumeko explained.

"I see, then can you figure him out?' 

"Of course, I mean it wouldn't hurt to have a conversation with Chikao-san." Yumeko said. 

"So, I take it as a yes." I said as Yumeko nods. 

"If you're just asking Yumeko-san to do the work, why call me here as well?" Kurumi asked.

"To keep an eye on things in case any other Class A students are watching." I replied.

"You know I could just do that without you even asking me. I mean after all." she went closer to me. 

"You can trust me, right?" 

"I suppose so." I spoke. 

"Well then, we'll see you later Ayanokouji-kun." Kurumi said as the two of them left. 

"Was that Tokisaki-san and Yumeko-san?" I heard Miyuki speak as he was wiping the sweat from his brows. 

"Yeah, and who told you to stop running?"

"Sorry, but I'm just curious about something." Miyuki said.

"Curious about what?" I asked.

"Tokisaki-san has been getting quite close to you every day. Are you sure there's nothing going on between you two?" he asked.

"No, and I'd rather not talk about it." I replied. 

Though it is strange that I started deciding to bring her over to my dorm almost every time nowadays.