Chapter 25: The Zodiac Exam begins

Ayanokouji POV 

As I, Katagiri, Kaguya, and Akise are heading to our respective rooms, I noticed that Katagiri was texting someone. 

"Who are you texting to?" I asked 

"Right now, it's Kushida I think you know why" he said 

Ohh right I remember that Katagiri told me that he blackmailed Kushida because of the fact she revealed her true nature and Katagiri managed to record everything she said. I have to admit Katagiri is cleverer than I would've expected.  

"She's already given us enough info thanks to her, but she hasn't told me about this mastermind" 

"Mastermind?" 

"Right, I've overheard your conversation with Karma about some mastermind lurking in Class D and I want to confirm it from Kushida but for some reason she didn't bother talking about it or even saying his name" 

"And?" 

"Well, I told her if she doesn't tell me then I would leak the recording and she was panicking in her messages" 

"I see" 

"She told me that she'll tell me later, but I can't guarantee if she's even going to follow through on that specifically." 

"You think she's hiding the identity of this mastermind?" 

"Yeah" 

"Also is it alright if you call me Yuuichi? I mean you and I have been close friends for months now after all" 

"Alright Yuuichi" 

"Thanks Kiyotaka"

After all that talking, we made it to our assigned room. From there, we met up with Shigeru-sensei. All four of us found our seats and began discussing the exam. 

"Welcome, time to begin the special exam" he said 

"In this exam, all first-year students will be divided into groups based on the assigned zodiac animals that you are given, the entirety of this exam will be conducted in groups that share the same assigned zodiac animals." 

I see so there are 12 groups in total where each class will be split into smaller groups and then they will be mixed together to create one group with the other group students from other the classes. 

"The purpose of this exam is to test your thinking ability. There are three attributes to you are required to learn to function well in society: Action, thinking, and teamwork. These skills will help you analyze the situations at hand and also using your creativity and imagination. These traits will be vital for this task" 

Shigeru-sensei explained the overall gist of the exam to the four of us. 

"These exams will be conducted with your assigned group, any questions?" 

"I have one question" Yuuichi said as he raised his hand 

"Since there are 12 groups in total, this means that there will be more of us in this group aside from us?" 

"Exactly, there are also other rooms with other students as well being given the same explanation. Some of them might potentially team up with you if it happens" 

Team up? wait does this mean that we could also team up with the other students as well? 

I guess given his wording, it means that the 12 groups are going against each other. This means that I'm not on the same team as the other classmates of mine and the rest.  

"You are all assigned to the Rabbit group, here is a list of the members that are involved in this group" he gave each of us paper containing the list of members in this group.