Chapter 131: Monsters among us

Ayanokouji POV

The goal of the event is simple.

Match the image of the site and the name of the country where the site is found. 

"We will start by having the highest class pick first. Class S, and then Class 1-A, Class 3-B, Class 1-B, and Class 3-D will be last" Shigeru-sensei said as the players are on standby. 

A table was moved in our direction by one of the faculty and the other one has laid out the 80 cards face down in quick succession. 

I have to admit, this faculty member has pretty fast hands. 

"You may begin, timer starts...now" sensei brought out his phone with a timer already set to 25 minutes. 

3rd person POV

Akira: Where do you think we should start Oreki? 

Oreki: Honestly, we should go for the ones that are near us. 

Akira: You mean the card that's in the front?

Oreki: Exactly. 

Akira then opened the first card as it shows an image of Angkor Wat. 

Oreki: (It's a temple of sorts, no not just any temple. It's a temple complex known as Angkor Wat. Luckily, I did read up about ancient places across the world in the library. Places that I remember so vividly. Who could've thought that this type of info would come so handy in this situation. But I can't waste time, I need to flip a card as well.) 

Oreki then flipped another card but on the left area to where the previous card was and it's a word this time. 

Mexico. 

Ayanokouji: (Mexico huh? there are a lot of sites that are all in Mexico. Some like Teotihuacan or Chichen Itza. People would make the simple mistake of that place being in South America so they should be able to keep that in mind somehow.) 

The exam continues on, despite the 25 minutes. 

It did feel pretty long as some of the competitors have been flipping cards as quickly as possible. 

While those like Kiriyama and Hajime took their time and analyzed their current situation. 

Hajime: (This is tougher than I thought, however. I did see Shiroyanagi-san flip that card which had an image of a pyramid in the 2nd time he flipped a card. It's obvious that image was of an Egyptian pyramid. I see now. There was the word Egypt just recently that Kiriyama-san flipped in their turn on his right.)

Akira suddenly looked in front of him.

Akira: (That expression, looks like he saw it too. But let's see if he can find it) 

Tatsuya suddenly muttered.

Tatsuya: He's being a little too obvious. 

Miyuki (Shiba): What do you mean? 

Tatsuya: Look at Hinata-senpai's face. He was looking at that card that Akira flipped during their turn. 

Miyuki (Shiba): I see. 

Aru: Not to mention the fact that Akira has been reading them the entire time.

Kei (Shinomiya): Reading you say? heh! this guy really is something. 

Tatsuya: Also, Houtarou seems to be analyzing the positions of the cards really well without giving out any hints. 

Yuuichi: Well, he kept that same face throughout this event. So, he's obviously concealing the fact that he might already memorized the cards thoroughly as this goes on.