Chapter 19: A potential danger looming

Back at ANHS 

Manabu POV 

Seriously how did I get myself in a mess like this? Recently a girl who was playing video games while walking bumped into and told me that Nagumo broke three of her Gameboys in a single month. To be honest she is a bit troublesome but the fact that she transferred to this school as a 2nd year and landing into Class A proves that she isn't someone I should underestimate. I heard that she's managed to make friends with some of her classmates despite the fact that she plays more video games than studying and she managed to maintain her high grades consistently. I went to resolve this recent problem with her and Nagumo since I am the student council president, and it is my job to keep the students from causing any trouble.  

As the girl and I walked, I saw her playing her video games again while walking. I really need to teach her some safety protocols. After a few minutes we finally found Nagumo. 

"Horikita-senpai! how are you doing today?" he said while smiling 

"I'm doing good" I replied as he gave a stern look at the girl who was still glued to her Gameboy. 

"Ohh it's her, why is she with you Horikita-senpai?" he asked sounding irritated 

"Well, you see, she has some complaints about your recent actions as of late" 

"Ohh but senpai, she bumped into me three times all because she was playing her stupid video games and I had to do her a favor" he said. I looked at the girl again and it seems that she's ignoring everything that Nagumo was saying. 

"Listen I don't intend on punishing you for such a silly reason, but I think it's best that you apologize to her since it was irrational of you to break her property" 

"Apologize? to her? hahahahaha! oh, senpai you must be kidding right?" he said while wiping a fake tear. Now he's starting to irritate me. 

"Just apologize to her and all this can be resolved. You know I'm not here to make jokes" I said in a serious tone as Nagumo flinched slightly. 

"Alright fine, I'm sorry" he said but in a condescending tone, he definitely meant to make his apology sarcastic, but I'll let that slide for now. 

"Anyways I'll take my leave, nice talking to you Horikita-senpai" he said as he walked away. 

"I really don't like him" she said as she still continues to play on that Gameboy, but I ignored it regardless. 

"Tell me something" 

"What is it?" 

"What made you transfer here?" I asked 

"Well, you see my parents decide to force me out of my previous high school and forced me to enroll in a very strict school and they chose this one. It was an idea of theirs so that the school can stop me from playing video games" she replied 

"I see and yet you continue?" 

"Yes, because games regardless of the genre is my life. It's what I'm good at" 

She dedicates her time playing video games but it's impressive how she's able to be on the elite level consistently despite such an addiction to gaming. 

"I've heard that you made friends in your class despite your constant gaming, correct?" 

"Yeah, some of the Class A students there despite their serious nature also enjoyed video games as well." 

"Well, that's good" 

"I guess so, but the problem is that have half of Class A as my friends, but the rest are loyal to Nagumo and resented my influence over the rest of the class" 

"If you want to lead the class then why didn't you step up to him?" 

"I wasn't interested in taking the leadership role in class, but Nagumo isn't a nice person, and I don't think it will get better if he becomes the next student council president, also I'm not sure if I'm ready to take him on yet" she said feeling slightly disappointed. I looked at her and put my hand on her shoulder. 

"Yes, Nagumo is who he is, but it would be better if you somehow step up to him" 

"Yeah, maybe but what's going to happen if you graduate, and he becomes student council president and then what?" 

"Don't worry I have an eye on some certain students from this class who can stop him in case if this scenario of him to rule this school with an iron fist occurs" 

"I see but who might they be?" she asked 

"Class S" 

"Class S?"

"Yes, I think if you can get Class S on your side as well as uniting the rest of the 2nd years. You may be able to be prepared enough to take down Nagumo in the future" 

"Right, I'll do that" she said as I took my hand off her shoulder

"Before I go, what's your name?" I asked her as she finally looked at me in the eyes. 

-

-

-

"Nanami Chiaki"  

That's chapter 19, a bit short and somewhat filler-ish but it's actually important since there is a lot of set up for the future. Also, here's another surprise that you wouldn't expect. I got the ultimate gamer Chiaki Nanami to be in ANHS as well. She'll be a 2nd year in ANHS and like a few other characters I'll give her a buff and a slow change in personality due to her hating Nagumo. She's also going to have a big role for the 2nd years since there are way too few notable 2nd years like Fuuka, Nazuna, and Kiriyama. So, I decide to add another 2nd year and from a different series no less. 

Anyways leave your thoughts on what you think of my little surprise and thanks for reading :)