Chapter 79: Let's be useful to each other (Ayanokouji/Kurumi group)

Ayanokouji POV 

It was beginning of the exam as everyone was already on the move. Kurumi and I checked our supplies first and at this point we are ready. Class S are going together with their respective groups. 

But out of the groups we had, Yuuichi is going the opposite direction of his own group. This must be part of his plan since Yuuichi wouldn't randomly just leave his group without a good reason. But that's his own plan so I'm not going to judge it. My concern is how will the 1st and 3rd years deal with us? Haru is also another concern of mine since he has been quiet as of late which tells me that he has something planned up his sleeve.  

"I'm ready to go Ayanokouji-kun" Kurumi said  

"Sure, but let's wait" I said 

"Huh? why? shouldn't we make it to the destinations as quickly as possible so we can do the tasks and get points?" she asked 

"True, we would be able to get points quick once we make it but I think we should go for a different approach" I said 

"What kind of approach?" 

"Let's be patient first and see where the rest of the groups are going" I suggested 

"I guess there would be a point to it, since it would give us a tactical advantage of sorts if we knew the direction that every group is going" she said 

"Exactly" I said as I looked up my map and our first destination, D7. Which is just approximately north from here. 

 "Hi senpai" suddenly Nanase approached us 

"What do you want?" I asked 

"Well, is it okay if I accompany you?" she asked 

"Who is she?" Kurumi asked 

"This is Nanase Tsubasa from Class 1-D" I replied 

"Ohh, wait if she's a 1st year doesn't that mean..." 

"Don't worry Kurumi, she's not a threat. In fact, she's on my side. With a good reason of course" I said 

"What's your destination Ayanokouji-senpai?" 

"Just north, D7" I replied 

"Ohh that's where I am going as well" she said

"Nanase right? don't you have your own group?" Kurumi asked 

"Well, my group seems to be rather working on their own, especially Hosen-kun" Nanase replied 

"Sure, why not. You are after someone in particular right?" I asked her to know that I'm aware of her motives and that's to deal with Haru. I'm not going to let her expel him, but I can use her to keep him busy if she ever encounters him. 

"That's right senpai" 

"Well follow us" I said as the three of us went hiking through the woods. 

We made it to the first destination. The task was testing grip strength. There was only one slot left for the boys and luckily two for the girls. The three of us went on and do the task. Obviously, I completed the task with ease to everyone's shock. Even Sudo was there with his group, and he couldn't believe that my grip strength would be that high. 

Meanwhile Nanase and Kurumi took 2nd and 1st respectively. I didn't know Kurumi was that strong but then again, I remembered a conversation that I had with her about wanting to join me in my exercise routines and it seems letting her in it managed to pay off. Also, Nanase able to get 2nd is also impressive. I wonder if she's physically fit too?