Chapter 130: Let the war begin

Auditorium

Ayanokouji POV

"Alright, it seems that all 5 of the classes of Group 1 are all accounted for. Let's begin." Shigeru-sensei said as he went down the stage. 

One of the faculty members who are in charge of the group carried a table to the middle of the stage as another faculty member carried a box. 

"This is how we will choose the events. Since you already submitted your events, it will all be ballot paper. I will grab a paper which has the name of the event on it and that will be the first that you will compete in. Once the event is chosen, the rules of the event will be explained based on the rules given by the respective class who created it." sensei explained. 

Of course, since the rules of the events are created by the ones who thought of it, then they obviously would have the advantage if their event in particular gets chosen. It's just like that final exam back in the 1st year. However, it's different since every class will be competing at the same time and we have to compete in all of the events. So, strategizing and adapting to said event is the key. But the rules state that the strategizing will be about 25 minutes. So, there's a timetable to take note of. 

That all depends on which mental ability that we will be challenged with. 

If it's an event that relies on deduction then Ryuzaki, Kyoko, Aru, and Houtarou would do the job. 

If it's a test of anticipation then Akira would be capable of that. 

If its knowledge based then Tatsuya, Sora, Lelouch, and I would easily handle it. 

Honestly, this entire class has a lot of versatility in any mental battle. 

It's just a matter of which type would be tackled on. 

Looking at my opponents, Amasawa would definitely be the most difficult for some. 

A normal genius like Kaguya wouldn't be on her level unless your intellect is somehow much higher than hers. 

Kiryuin-senpai, she told me she has been holding back the entire time. 

She would be a strong opponent. But let's see if she can really put up a fight. 

Hinata-senpai, though his grades are average. According to Kyoko, he's surprisingly smart for someone with average grades. 

He apparently helped Nanami-senpai find her lost Nintendo Switch one time. 

Kyoko told me that he has a decent memory and even deduction skills. 

For someone who believes himself to have no talent at all. 

He's definitely not to be underestimated. 

Class 1-B doesn't have any notable names to watch out for but...

Hmm?

What's he doing here? 

"Is something wrong, Ayanokouji-kun?" Kurumi asked. 

"That's unusual, why is Utomiya here?" Kei asked. 

That's right, Utomiya Riku is with Class 1-B. 

Somehow, he managed to switch classes all of a sudden. 

That's troublesome. 

"Is this some kind of joke? is he still after us? I mean there's no bounty on our heads anymore so why is he here with us?" Karma asked. 

"He's from Class 1-C, right? It's obvious that he transferred classes by paying 20 million points." Akira said. 

"But where did he get all the points?" Kazuto asked.