Short Story #14: Yumeko Jabami

Where do I start? ohh yes, it's when I am still in Hyakkaou Private Academy. It was just another day of gambling for me as I just won 10,000,000 yen from some random stranger. It was fun as expected. While I was savoring my sweet victory as always, I went back to my classroom, and I noticed a letter that was just lying there. I thought that someone must've left it here by mistake, but no one has touched it so far. 

I looked into the letter, and it said that it came from the principal. I was curious so I opened the letter and what I saw in that letter surprised me. It's a school transfer letter. I couldn't believe that a transfer letter was given to me. No mistake, this letter was sent to me. 

As I read through it, I was intrigued because the letter was from a prestigious school that I've never even heard of which was Tokyo Metropolitan Advance Nurturing High. It's unbelievable that I've never heard of a school like this before, but I decided to look it up before I consider my options. 

I managed to look it up on my phone and I could not believe it. There are facilities there that you would normally see when you go outside. The school looks so indulgent and very nice. It was nothing I've ever seen in a school. I wonder if a school like this can get me interested (and as it turns out in the end it did when I got there). Although at first, I was reluctant since I would hate to leave the school that I have been enjoying for a while now. However, it's still tempting, and I really want experience being in a school like this. So as a few days go by, I accepted the offer as well as picking up a few consolation prizes by gambling with my friends one more time and winning about a 30 mil on the way out as a way to say goodbye. You know that feeling when you have a hard time leave the things you enjoy? Well in my case, it's a good thing that I don't have to feel sorrow because when I arrived to ANHS. It ended up being fun 

First, I went through the entrance exams, and I managed to pass without any problems. I got placed in a special class with many interesting people. The fact that this school uses points rather than actual money is also interesting and since sensei said that we can use points however we like then that means I can also gamble for points as well. Even though this school is less frequent when it comes to gambling. I enjoy the thought of challenging others for points and then trying to challenge me in games which I end up beating them in the end. Even my own classmates have also enjoyed my little hobby like Sora-kun and Shiro-san since we started a competition on who can get the most points from random students by the end of the year. The pleasure of people challenging me is just amazing. I'm glad I transferred here despite me missing my old friends. 

Here's Yumeko's perspective. She pretty much continued her gambling habit in ANHS and has become very good friends with Sora and Shiro given how they enjoy playing games against other opponents to win and even started betting their points to win more points. She's still the same Yumeko. 

Thanks for reading :)