one, eighteen: so now what

a/n: i can no longer afford netflix so i will have to use dodgy sites to write from. life sucks rn but it's whatvs cause spiders hot.

the bell rang, pulling the tow away from each other. both sets of eyes dilated, cheeks aflame. and his phone started blasting out, the famillar tune of bound 2 came.  

"ant?" she questioned. 

"ant." he replied as he answered it. speaking to the boy. but as he spoke to ant, he didn't break contact from her. his eyes remained on her until the end.  

"i would ask if you wanted to ditch but practice." he smiled, leaning forward to press a soft kiss on her cheek. her phone buzzed in her pocket as he left.  

moneyman: movie? 

mara: the maze runner? 

moneyman: fuck no 

she smiled and laughed before leaving the bathroom, wandering the school till she found him waiting for her by her locker. making quick word of stashing her book in there before heading to his. the journey only took ten minutes plus a stop at the corner shop (do you guys have those or is that only here). so always nearly thirty minutes later three people sat on the sofa watching as thomas was just about to run into the maze. of course she got her way, she always did. plus his nan thought thomas was pretty cute so she always let the girl watch it. and then came a quick knock at the door. it was cash who practically ran for the door. he was always so scared that they’d come here. mara caught the outfit that darren wore today before cash hurried out the door. 

"hi random i know but i guess that's sort of our thing, surprise visits. can i come in?"   

"uh, my nan's home." darren took one quick glance behind the boy to find his nana was home. sat beside mara who was watching her favourite movie rather intensely.  

"that's okay, i'm great with nan's. they love to pinch my cheek and tell me how they once met a black person." 

"it's just not great timing?"

"are you and her-" but before darren could even finish it cash made some kind of squeaking noise.  

"no, no, god no." he spoke, speaking rather quickly. i irritated him how everyone thought that. couldn't they just see that they were friends. was it so difficult or a guy and a girl to be friends. 

"i can't stay long anyways. i just wanted to stay things got a bit hectic at home. it doesn't look like i can keep your bag there anymore. i'm sorry."

"don't worry about it. i'll sort something else out." 

"i'm usually great with favours, i promise." 

"i believe you." mara hated that she always did this, listen to other peoples conversations. but she couldn't help it. especially if it were her best friend talking to someone they were down extremely bad for. cash didn't just fancy the fuck out of darren. cash adored them. since they were younger, mara had always told him to just go for it. but he never did. people would talk. he didn't like it when people talked. cash made a quick comment about going out, leaving the two ladies sat on the chair watching the maze runner. she even helped the elder clean up a bit before she left.    

"thanks for the movie sherie." she smiled as she left, the nan gave the girl a blow kiss before switching neighbours back on. mara's social battery had long since died so she just made her way home although she did want to see spider. she couldn't quite decide if she had forgave him. sure she liked him but he was still an arsehole. and speaking of the devil, a message stopped her song, that prick. not during vacation bible school. 

rip-off spiderman: how are you? feeling any better? 

holy mara: ew look at you caring 

rip-off spiderman: of course i do you fucking bitch 

holy mara: you cunt! and they said romance is dead 

rip-off spiderman: meet me at the park tomorrow 4 school? 

holy mara: no would rather die 

her face was warm, flushed red. she also had a small smile on her face as the song started playing once more.  

"and baby i know, i know whatever city you're in. you're still the boy i'd pick in line up, of like 30 hoy guys." she mumbled along with the lyrics, grinning as she walked. arms stinging from the cold air as she got closer to her house. her mothers car wasn't parked in the driveway and she practically thanked the gods above for remembering to bring her keys with her. the house was cold and empty. nothing new there. she didn't glance in the mirror as she past the stairs. nor did she look in the mirror in her room as she threw herself on the bed. feeling the cold sheet beneath her, not even bothering to change as she shuffled under the duvet. wrapping it tightly to avoid the cold. maybe she should have asked spider to come over. but instead she felt herself drifting away wrapped up like a caterpillar in a cocoon.