one, forty one: the gronks

it felt weird, doing his delivery runs without mara. usually she'd get on the back of his bike, signing the songs playing from her phone. sometimes taylor swift, sometimes james marriott. but she wasn't here, maybe she was starting to resent him because of the chook situation. or because she didn't want to feel separated with choosing between her best friend and new friends. so he rode alone, no music. just him and the emu eats, it allowed him to clear his head. the swarming thoughts slowed as he finally shed light on some. like what to get mara for her birthday, when was spider going to repay his favour for informing him of mara's favourite flowers? what was darren doing right now? how should he apologise? should he tell them? he shook the thoughts away as he headed towards another house, one the last few ones he was planning on accepting for tonight.

"miss?" he questioned as the door opened, a teary eyed jojo obah appeared from behind.

"cash, of course you're an emu eats driver." the women sighed, she would have expected a certain loud mouthed yet usually right girl to be stood beside him. the once untouchable best friend duo of the it girl and eshay. cash and mara. but there was no sign of her. and due to the lack of smile on his features. she certainly wasn't any close by either.

"yeah, um. how's it going?" he questioned.

"well i'm on a temporary sex offenders list."

"well at least it's not the permanent one.'' he tried to add some light onto the situation but the woman only nodded as he handed her the food delivery.

"goodbye." she commented, going to shut the door when he spoke once more.

"wait miss? can i ask you one more thing?"

"cash-" she started,knowing that she wasn't really supposed to be talking to students outside of school at this moment in time.

"it's about marianne." and she stopped, her face falling slightly. she knows.

"so you know about it, nevermind. have a nice night." and he walked away, leaving jojo standing with her food as she watched him walk away. so cash knew of it too, of course he did.

it was mara who led amerie into school, she knew how it felt to walk alone with those eyes. so she stood by her, holding her hand. she wore a sweater skirt combo, chunky headphones around her neck and hair up in a clip.

"ah, i can't believe the gronk is back." spider commented as mara and amerie passed them.

"yeah it's us, don't cream your pants.'' mara spat as spider's face lifted. she had something other than telling him to shut up.

"for you, my dear. anything."

"please continue sucking dust off. the silence was therapeutic."

"shouldn't you be in therapy or something. show us on the doll where she flicked your bean." spider mocked, looking back over to amerie who came to a halt finding harper walking on the other side. mara leaned against the railing, playing with the flame of the pink lighter cash had given to her a while back when amerie let go of her hand, dropping her bag at the girl's feet as she stormed over in the direction of amerie. shit, this was going to be fun.

"oi, watch out!" ant spoke noticing amerie powered walk to the girl in yellow. everyone rushed to stand by mara. when someone stepped to stand behind her. looking over her shoulder to find spider. watching as amerie pinned harper to the wall, shouting at her. kinda gay, ngl.

"i can't believe they used to be friends.'' darren whispered, turning to find them standing on her right.

"don't say anything." spider whispered to ant and she pushed spider off her. what did he mean by that? watching as they shot glances to dusty. who stood staring at the floor. okay, interesting. and she went by her day, talking to cash. asking him if he finally started watching gilmore girls like he promised her he would do. he hadn't. but all i could think about was that interaction this morning. those three boys were up something, like usual. but this was different.

mara on a cross:
we need to talk

antsy pantsy:
no can do

very interesting.