one, twenty one: of hookusp and gay flags

"who with?"

"malakai."

"you had sex with malakai?" a voice questioned amerie from behind her, the girl gave a scream as she jumped. only to find mara stood in all her glory. the smiths shirt and skirt with tights and her brown converse.

"yes. yes i did."

"you did well." she laughed as the four contiued walking towards the school.

"can't say the same for you." and once again amerie had gained a slap on the back of her head. even if she were right. and mara returned to her spotify playlist as they all walked.

"i do not cum and tell." she stated as they entered the courtyard, only to find gay capitalism had barfed everywhere.

"ew. the school is back on it's gay shit." darren stated, looking at all the gay flags strung up between the fences.

"mhm yes capitalism really popped of today huh. oh my god pan flags!" mara stated coldly before finding a girl she didn't reconize handing out tones of flags: bisexual, pansexual, aromantic, asexual and many more. running over straight away, leaving the three to talk about amerie's amazing hot sex with malakai. she had just got two pansexual flags and a bisexual flag off the girl when someone's arms wrapped around her waist. the familair wood scent tickling her nose.

"hiya gorgeous." he commented pressing a kiss to her cheek as she grabbed the flags smiling at the two girls, not realizing one's cold gaze. mary good really didn't like her. when the three went silent. mara turning in spiders arms to kiss him when she spotted malakai. stood with a bunch of flowers and a balloon. just after amerie mentioned thembeing casual. oh. uh oh.

"why didn't you do this?" she cried looking at the blodne who only gave a hearty laugh. flowers? of him? was she taking the piss?

"beacuse that's cringe and embrassing."

"for one, it's romantic-" she started but he was quick to cut her off with a kiss.

"you want flowers, i'll get you flowers all the time then." he stated as he dragged her off towards her locker. she tried to hide the red colour raising to her cheeks. he just needed to figure out her favourite flowers, without asking her.

"and two, you told nearly our entire year that i was the best pussy ever. you remember that?" she spat. a boy in one of the younger years commenting that she looked like she was walking him like a dog. they weren't wrong.

"wasn't lying." and for the second time today, mara walked off slapping someone on the back of the head. he watched her go, grinning to himself. when he saw amerie walking past with the bunch of flowers. and nearly an hour an later, mara was waiting for him outisde the gym changing rooms so they could walk to slt together. but he looked mad. like jealous mad and was making a quick dash for the exit to field. so ant dragged her as he passed.

"is he okay?" she asked as they walked together, throwing another look over her shoulder to the boy who slammed the door shut on his way out.

"he's in a pissy mood, he heard about malakai and amerie." oh.

"why's he pissed about- oh my god before i forget. i got you something." she asked raising a brow before remembering the gift she got him earlier. his face lit up when she pulled out the flags. handing him a pan one. and he wrapped his arms around her, the girl instantly groaning about him being a sweaty boy but didn't reject the hug either way. when he pulled back he noticed the bi flag in her hand as well.

"yeah." is all she could say. fair enough. but he patted her shoudler. she hadn't actually come out to people, they just made comments that spread into blown out comments into rumours. she was bisexual, she liked boys and she liked girls. doesn't mean she had a threesome with nathan o'donny and jess day. the rest of the walk was quite. the two entering a mutual cofortable silence as they waked the rest of the way to slt. cash already saving her seat. everyone else filling the room and eventually so did spider. coming over to randomly kiss her before dropping into his seat next to ant. odd but it didn't stop her from turning twenty shades of red. and then the police turned up. cash's hand reaching for hers under the table. fuck.

"oh shit, five o. shelve your pingers, cash."

"shelve your kiddie porn, rock spider."

"okay, thank you. we have two very special guests speaking with you all today. i'm told mr peterson is a regular visitor at the school and will run you all through some workshops. whoo!!"

"thank you. uh, hi everyone. i'm kurt peterson. and i'm constable paul perry. but please guys just call me pp. i'm a former police officer."

"acab." spider spat.

"and believe it or not, many moons ago, i was a student here at hartley high. so after i graduated, i decided to join the police force where i served for over ten years until injury forced me out."

"a question, good i like it. go ahead."

"did you injure yourself from over-policing a marginalized community?" darren spoke, the class laughing straight away. they had a point.

"or is this injuy a cover upof what actually happened? those seem to be quite popluare with male officers." mara smiled, leaning forward on the table to rest her head with that amused grin plastered on her face.

"no, i tripped on a fence. right so, um we're going to spilt the class in too. all the girls are going to come with me and the boys will stay with constable perry." and groans came from the group as the girls started packing up. but cash's grip remained tight.

"how progressive." mara spat as she began to stand, sider's eyes flashing to her. only to find ehr hand interlocked with cash's.

"don't get in too much trouble alright?" she laughed, shaking his hand as if telling him to let go. his grip was horribly tight, it was extremely tight. making her fingers go an awful shade of purple and his went white. almost begging not to leave him alone with a pig.