Chapter 2

Ji-yong waved his big hand and ordered, "Call the family doctor over to check what's in the bird's nest soup."

He knew that his two daughters had never gotten along. Jennie, the daughter of his first wife, was the spoiled one, while Krystal, the daughter of his second wife, was more tolerant. Only with solid evidence could they solve this conflict.

The family doctor soon arrived with professional tools and began examining the soup.

"Krystal, give me your phone," Ji-yong added.

"Jennie knocked it to the ground! I haven't touched it until now," Krystal cried pitifully.

Ji-yong picked up the phone from the ground and opened the call log. It showed that a call had been made around ten minutes ago, and the time matched what Jennie had claimed.

Jennie took a sideways glance at the call log. She wanted to see how Krystal could deny it with this solid evidence.

Ji-yong dialed the unknown number that the call had been made to. Soon, an automated voice said, "Please press 1 for balance inquiries, and press 2 for the payment..."

Jennie's pretty face darkened. How could this be? Just now, Krystal had called someone right in front of her eyes and asked some bodyguards to come over to rape her, but she had snatched the phone away before Krystal could finish her words. Therefore, it was impossible for the call log to have been tampered with.

However, the call log clearly proved that the last call had been made to the telecommunications company.

Everyone looked at Jennie with suspicion and disappointment.

Krystal cried bitterly, as if she had suffered a great grievance.

Jennie clenched her fists tightly. How could it be? Something didn't add up.

Fortunately, the family doctor could be trusted, so she turned to him and asked, "Doctor Wang, what have you found?"

"Miss Jennie, there is nothing strange in the bird's nest soup," Doctor Wang replied softly.

"But it tasted strange when I ate it. And Krystal even admitted that she drugged it..." Back then, Krystal had spoken in such a cold tone that the memory was clearly etched in Jennie's mind.

"There's really nothing strange in it, Miss Jennie," Doctor Wang emphasized again.

"Jennie, I told you, I've never wanted to hurt you." Krystal still looked aggrieved, immediately gaining sympathy from everyone who saw her.

Kai also looked at her gently to comfort her.

Compared with Jennie, who was poised and elegant even in this situation, Krystal looked pitiful.

Finally, an idea flashed through Jennie's mind.

She suddenly understood everything! From the beginning, there had been no drug in the soup. Krystal had pretended to make that phone call. She had orchestrated the whole situation to trick Jennie into accusing her, so that when the truth was revealed, Jennie would be unable to defend herself, and would lose everyone's trust.

Turning around to look at her father, Jennie explained anxiously, "Dad, I know what's going on. Krystal did all this on purpose to..."

Before Jennie could finish, Ji-yong slapped her across the face.

Everyone was slightly shocked by the slap.

The atmosphere turned awkward and uncomfortable.

Krystal, who was standing behind Ji-yong, raised her chin and flashed a triumphant smile at Jennie.

However, Jennie was not in the mood to look at Krystal. She covered her burning cheek and looked at her father in disbelief.

Jennie looked at her father, who had always been nice to her and had never hurt her!

Ji-yong's face turned livid with anger. "Jennie, I know that you've always had a grudge against Krystal. But I never expected that you'd come up with such a vicious plan to frame her and destroy her image in my heart. It's all my fault. I'm the one who always coddled you and let you become so devious!"

He had lost all his trust in Jennie. Covering her burning cheek, Jennie looked at Kai, hoping that at least he would believe her. Today, he was her groom, so he would certainly believe her.

"Kai..." Before she could finish her words, however, she was interrupted by Kai.

His gentle face was serious at the moment, and his mellow eyes had turned cold. He said in a heavy voice, "Jennie, you've really disappointed me."

He looked at Jennie ruthlessly, as if he was looking at a stranger. But when he turned to Krystal, his eyes filled with intense sympathy and pity.

Jennie was shocked by his words. Although she was angry, she couldn't help but find the situation ridiculous and suddenly laughed out loud. How had she become the target of public criticism today?

She had never cared much about Chae-rin and Krystal before. In her eyes, Chae-rin was a home wrecker, so naturally, she had hated the mother and daughter and everybody knew it.

Nevertheless, she had always thought that it was beneath her to set them up.

But today, those two women had not only set her up, but they had also gained sympathy from Ji-yong and Kai.

At this moment, what broke Jennie's heart the most was not the scheming minds of Chae-rin and Krystal, but the distrust of her own father and fiance!

From the beginning, they had let their feelings cloud their judgment. They had labeled Jennie as the troublemaker in their hearts. They had wanted evidence just to help them confirm their doubts.

Jennie had always thought that she was the real daughter of the head of the Kim family, and that she would one day become a part of the Kim family as Kai's wife, but now, she realized how ridiculous it all was.

No one believed her or cared about her at all!

Jennie finally stopped laughing. "Kai, you've disappointed me too," she said plainly with a snort.

She picked up the scissors on the table and cut through the hem of her wedding dress. Then, she suddenly tore up the dress and threw it on the ground.

Kai's eyes darkened. "What are you doing, Jennie?"

"This is exactly what you want, isn't it?" Jennie usually looked bright-eyed, but now, her eyes were dim and watery.

She walked back to her room with heavy steps. Then, she took her suitcase and went downstairs.

"Sir, Miss Jennie wants to leave home..." A maid rushed over to Ji-yong and reported the news.

"Don't mind her!" Ji-yong was really angry. He thought he should teach his daughter a lesson!

However, Kai's eyes turned anxious. Just when he turned to chase after Jennie, Krystal let out a groan and fainted.

"What's wrong with you, Krystal? Don't scare me..." Chae-rin cried out loud.

Kai stopped and hurried back to Krystal.

Ji-yong also took Krystal into his arms anxiously.

Jennie looked back as she reached the door. After seeing what her father and Kai were doing, she walked out of the Kim family without hesitation.

With all her luggage, she drove straight to the Civil Affairs Bureau!

___________________________________
Don't vote.