Chapter 9

Karina could sense a lot of hostility between the two of them. No wonder Krystal had given her such a ruthless task as soon as she had seen Jennie. Krystal's lips curved up into a gentle smile. "Yes, I like this job. Karina, Jennie is my good sister. Take care of her for my sake, okay?"

Jennie had already known that it wouldn't be easy for her to develop her career in S Country.

In fact, she had initially reserved another person to be her agent, but that person had another matter to attend to at the last minute, so the YG Entertainment Company had assigned Karina to be her new agent instead. Jennie had accepted it, but because she was short on time, she hadn't had the chance to investigate Karina's background yet.

Anyway, it didn't matter. Jennie decided to accept this challenge!

"Krystal." A familiar, gentle male voice reached their ears. A refined young man walked towards Krystal and casually put his hand on her waist.

It was Kai!

Five years had passed, but here he was with Krystal.

From the day she had left, Jennie had known that things would turn out this way, but she still felt a little sad seeing it in person.

Her impeccable armor revealed some flaws at this moment.

The sadness in her heart unwillingly seeped into her eyes.

After all, Kai was the man she had loved in her girlhood. Losing his trust at that time had been more unbearable than losing his love.

Although many years had passed, the pain of being distrusted by the one she loved still lingered in the depths of her heart.

"Mr. Kai, you are so considerate! You come to pick Krystal up every time. You are so lucky, Krystal," Karina gushed with admiration in her eyes.

When Kai shifted his gaze and noticed Jennie standing in front of him, a trace of emotion flickered in his eyes. The last time he had seen her was five years ago. It seemed that Jennie was back.

She was still as bright and elegant as before. She still looked absolutely stunning and confident. Krystal was beautiful too, but in a fragile and vulnerable way. Jennie's beauty and Krystal's beauty sat at two extremes.

In the past, when Kai was with Jennie, he had tried hard to resist the temptation of Krystal's tenderness. But when Jennie had done something out of line on the day of their wedding five years ago, he had finally fallen in love with Krystal instead.

Since Jennie had willfully run away from home, their wedding was naturally called off.

Before long, Kai had chosen to be with Krystal.

"Jennie, you are back." As Kai spoke, he subconsciously withdrew his palm from Krystal's waist. Although he had chosen to be with Krystal after Jennie ran away from home, he still felt guilty about it.

Because the truth was, he had already had feelings for Krystal before the wedding day. His emotions had constantly seesawed between Krystal and Jennie. It was not until the wedding day that he had made up his mind.

Jennie didn't respond, which was not really surprising to Kai.

Krystal smiled gently and said, "Jennie, you actually picked a great time to come back. Kai and I are going to be engaged soon. You should come to our engagement party."

"Of course I will. In fact, I thought I'd participate in your wedding party this time," Jennie replied with a smile.

Krystal's smile froze. It wasn't that she didn't want to hold a wedding ceremony, but that she couldn't.