Chapter 88

At this moment, Minzy restrained her anger. She intended to be lenient and gave Jennie a chance to confess for Mino’s sake.

She couldn’t help but regret that she gave up the opportunity to take a vacation today and went to work. As a result, her daughter had an accident. If something bad happened to Hara, she would regret it for the rest of her life.

Minzy looked at Jennie coldly. If Jennie was really guilty of the crime, she would make sure that Jennie would never appear in the entertainment industry in the future, let alone make it to the front cover of ELLE.

Jennie met Minzy’s gaze. “Editor-in-chief, I understand how you feel. If something happens to the children, mothers would inevitably be so worried that it can mess up their thinking and judgment. But please, think about it. I’ve already been chosen to be on the front cover of ELLE. Besides, my partner is Mino. It can be said that I’m the biggest winner in the entire studio. Do I have to do some tricks like hurting Hara to get your gratitude and the public’s attention?”

Minzy had become ELLE’s editor-in-chief, so obviously, she was a smart woman.

As soon as she heard what Jennie said, she suddenly became sober. Everyone had hidden motives for doing something. People might do bad things for their own gain. So what exactly did Jennie have to achieve in doing this?

This time, Minzy’s tone was not as cold as before, but she was still a little blunt when she said, “But still, this happened because of you. Jennie, if someone hurt Hara because that person wanted to frame you, you can’t avoid the responsibility.”

“Editor-in-chief, I’ve noticed that there are no surveillance cameras in the studio. This allowed someone to take advantage of it. When the accident happened, everyone was busy shooting, so no one paid attention to Hara. But I remember that when Hara had an accident, JooE was nearby, and a camera was set up not far away. Editor-in-chief, can we also ask JooE some questions?” Jennie had already figured out the situation at the scene.

Her calmness was so contagious that it also made Minzy calm down. No matter what, Minzy had to find the culprit to get justice for her daughter.

“Okay, I’ll ask JooE to come here.” Minzy made the decision promptly.

She had no intention of calling the police yet. Although she subconsciously thought that Jennie was still suspicious, she wanted to give Jennie a chance for the sake of Mino.

Of course, Jennie was also aware of this. She knew that Mino had been a big help for her, and even Minzy’s tolerance was because of him.

Mino really deserves two hotpots,’ she thought.

Before JooE came in, she tried her best to calm down. She couldn’t show panic on her face.

Concealing her guilt, she asked, “Editor-in-chief, how is Hara now?”

“JooE, you were there when the accident happened. What did you see?” Wei Lan cut to the chase.

“I… I didn’t see anything. I was also shocked because it happened so suddenly.” Actually, JooE wanted to say that she saw it with her own eyes when Jennie pushed Hara to the swimming pool. But if she said that, she would make too many lies. She didn’t dare to continue making more mistakes because she was afraid that she couldn’t rationalize her dishonesty anymore. So she simply chose to play dumb.

She thought that her reaction now could increase suspicions on Jennie.

Minzy said lightly, “Then give me the memory card of your camera. Maybe it captured something, right?”

“I think my camera was not turned on at that time. But I can give you the memory card. Maybe you can find some clues.” JooE quickly took out the memory card from her wallet and handed it to Minzy decisively.

The more straightforward she behaved, the less suspicious she would be.

Anyway, she had deleted all the contents of the memory card and formatted it. She even scratched it severely with the key just now.

JooE believed that it was impossible to restore the photos in this memory card, no matter how skilled the technician was.

So she put on a very relaxed smile and glanced out of the corner of her eye at Jennie. The expression on her face seemed to be pronouncing Jennie’s complete failure.

Actually, she didn’t have to deny that she had turned on the camera. There was no evidence to prove what she did, so Jennie would always be the biggest suspect.

And Jennie would also become a female artist mocked by the netizens.

Perhaps, today, she would witness the beginning of everyone’s resistance to Jennie.

“Well, you can go out first. I will let you know if there is any news,” Minzy said after taking the memory card from JooE.

JooE glanced at Jennie again before she turned around and walked out of the office. She thought that Jennie couldn’t appear on the front cover anymore because Minzy had suspected her.

She knew that she also couldn’t appear on the front cover. But unlike Jennie, at least, she could be featured on the inside pages.

Minzy checked the content of the memory card, but it was empty.

She immediately asked an elite from ELLE’s technical department to come over and check if there was anything on the memory card.

It was difficult for her to believe Jennie, but she never believed JooE either. She had been working in this industry for many years, and she learned to only believe in evidence.

Jennie admired Minzy’s character very much. Only a woman like Minzy, who knew how to deal with work rationally, could stay in this position for a long time.

Being emotional could only work on family matters, not on major issues at work.

She especially admired Minzy’s love and care for Hara. After such a big accident, many people would think that the little girl was just being delusional. But Minzy firmly believed in what Hara said.

A mother like Minzy reminded Jennie of her own mother. Her mother always believed in her unconditionally and loved her just like the way Minzy did to Hara at the moment.

But the best mother in the world for her was no longer there. Reminiscing the past made her eyes suddenly become moist.

Minzy glanced at her and asked, “Do you feel guilty?”

“No.” Trying to hold back her tears, Jennie raised her head. She would never tell anyone about her family.

It seemed that she could only reveal her true feelings naturally in front of Lisa. And only in front of him could she reveal her deep desire for trust.

The elite technician stood up and said in a low voice, “Editor-in-chief, I’m sorry. It seems that this memory card has been scratched by a key. I have no idea what photos have been here, and I can’t restore them.”

“Okay, you can go out now.” Minzy pinched her glabella. Was that all?

Jennie also frowned. “The memory card has been scratched by a key?”

Actually, Minzy had started to side with Jennie. The memory card that JooE gave her had too many problems. What on earth caused these problems?

However, if she imposed this matter on JooE without any evidence, what Jennie could get was not justice but favor.

All of a sudden, Jennie thought of someone. She said, “Editor-in-chief, if you don’t mind, I know a very powerful elite. I can ask him to fix the memory card.”

The person she had in mind was Leo. She didn’t know if he could do it, but he was Jackson’s student. Both Jackson and Mino had already told her that he had a super talent and outstanding ability.

It was just that she didn’t know much about technology, so she couldn’t estimate his real strength.

________________________________________
Don't vote.