Chapter 197

It turned out that she was a woman with a high status. Since she already had a new set of clothes, Jennie did not continue to invite her. She smiled and said, "Then I'll get back to work now. Goodbye."

The young lady looked at Jennie's figure and smiled. She admired Jennie's character.

After work, Lisa came over but he did not drive. He took a taxi.

He had some business to attend to at the company, so he drank some wine to socialize with others. After he fetched Jennie, he wanted to call for a designated driver so they could take Jennie's car back.

Seeing that he was a little drunk, Jennie let him sit in the front passenger seat and did not call for a designated driver.

After all, Jennie did not drink that night.

When Lisa accompanied her to events, she would drink a little for the sake of socializing.

However, Lisa was not around this time. She inexplicably felt a little unsafe and found an excuse not to drink tonight.

"Sit tight. I'll drive," Jennie said with a smile.

"Mm." Lisa nodded.

He had drunk a little too much tonight, so he subconsciously closed his eyes to rest.

Jennie leaned closer and looked at the shadow cast by his long eyelashes. His face became more distinct under the lights.

Thinking of Somi's words, Jennie suddenly felt a lot of reluctance. This was her husband, so why should other women covet him?

He was her legitimate husband and someone Jennie could not let go off.

She leaned closer. The man's scent was very pleasant. Even though it was mixed with the smell of alcohol, it did not make one feel disgusted.

Sensing the woman approaching him, Lisa opened his eyes and happened to see Jennie's extremely awkward expression. However, he did not miss the faint look of shyness and reluctance.

If he had opened his eyes a little later, she would have kissed him.

Lisa regretted it so much that he felt like strangling himself.

He had always been good at devising strategies and controlling people's hearts. Yet, he just could not control the heart he wanted to win over the most.

After missing that opportunity, Jennie did not say anything else. She sat upright and started the engine, pretending that nothing had happened as she drove the car out.

Lisa pondered over a question. Should he get really drunk once and have Jennie pick him up? Then, he would try to figure out her feelings for him.

Jennie said, "It might be dangerous if you're really drunk. I'm afraid I won't be able to control myself from doing certain things."

However, it seemed reasonable for her to do that to her legal husband.

Then, why was she embarrassed just now?

She turned her head. Lisa had already opened his eyes. His eyes were bright and full of life. She did not know what he was thinking.

Jennie thought, 'I dare not lay my hands on my husband like this.

Forget it, forget it. Let's wait until he gets drunk again.'

...

The next day, when photos of Minsuh and the investors filled the internet, Minsuh's company terminated their contract with her and announced that they would never hire her again.