Chapter 59

Jennie's sense of reason was obviously overcome by her emotions. She sat down again and said in a calm voice, "Manager Niki, although Lisa is just a driver, he has nothing to be ashamed of. He doesn't steal or rob. He earns a living. It's not a shame to come to a restaurant in a foreign country if he doesn't know a foreign language. Is there anyone in this world who can speak or read all the languages?"

Niki smiled and responded, "Since you know that, then what's the problem? Jennie, aren't you just being too sensitive?"

"I hope I'm not overthinking. Manager Niki, I was selected because I succeeded in the audition. Director Baizen saw that I was qualified. So, I got this job fair and square. I also hope that we will have a pleasant cooperation in the future." Jennie stood up, smiled politely, and continued, "I am from S Country. It looks like the food here doesn't suit my taste. I need to get something else to eat, so I will take my leave."

She then held Lisa's hand and walked towards the door.

Niki shook her head and thought to herself, 'Jennie hasn't changed at all. She still considers herself better than others. But she got herself such a handsome driver. Humph!'

While looking at Lisa's receding back, she also thought, 'I guess it won't be difficult to have him drive for me.'

"Lili, I'm sorry. You only came to help me, but I got you in an embarrassing situation." Jennie didn't mind being given a hard time at work, but she couldn't stand to see Lisa suffer for her.

She still didn't let go of his hand. It was as if she was hand in hand with him naturally.

Lisa slowly held her hand lightly. He didn't dare to hold it tightly in fear that he would scare her away.

He looked calm, but he was so satisfied that Jennie had stood up for him.

"Let's get some pancakes rolled with crisp fritter over there. They are not authentic because the locals who have learned making them in S Country are the ones making them. But they're more delicious than French food."

Jennie strode towards the pancake shop beside the street, bought two, and gave one to Lisa.

That moment she pulled her hand away, Lisa immediately felt that something was missing.

Soon, Lv Shan joined them. And when she saw that Jennie was eating a pancake, she got angry. She frowned and said, "Jennie, are you here to make money or what? You've wasted the chance to dine with Niki, and here you are, eating a pancake along the street."

She also wanted to scold Lisa. But when she made eye contact with him, she lost the courage to do so. It was like his vibe scared her so much that she didn't dare to mess with him.

"I have some problems with Niki. If she really wants to fire me, she will not change her mind even if I try everything to please her and sacrifice my pride." Jennie had made up her mind.

She could bear any insult, but she couldn't tolerate Lisa being humiliated because of her.

Jennie had tried very hard not to turn the table upside down in the restaurant. She was able to control her emotions and even said goodbye to Niki politely.

"Okay, never mind." Lv Shan decided to stop the topic after hearing Jenniw's words. And also, she felt like Lisa's momentum was suffocating her. So she said, "Let's just let nature take its course."

"If I really lose this job, help me get more work when we get back," Jennie said.

She said this not only because she needed to save money, but she also didn't want Lv Shan's work to be in vain.

Lv Shan looked at her and said, "Okay."

She and Jennie worked together for their own interests. And now that Jennie was thinking about her welfare, she had no reason to refuse.

"Jennie, get ready for tomorrow's shooting. Niki will not cancel your endorsement," Lisa said calmly and rationally.

Lv Shan and Jennie both looked at him.

"Chanel is a big brand. Niki can't possibly make such a decision by herself. She has already appointed Krystal as one of the brand ambassadors. I don't think that she will be able to decide on the other one. Even Director Baizen will not allow her to do that easily. Many eyes are on her in the company. She can't make mistakes. So she doesn't dare to cancel your endorsement for the time being."

Lv Shan and Jennie both realized that Lisa's words made sense, so they calmed down.

Jennie nodded and said, "I think so too. So I don't want to fawn on her anymore. But of course, if she is really stronger than we think, then we will accept the result."

Stars seemed to shine brightly in her dark eyes, and she looked very beautiful. Although she was anxious to make money, she calmly faced the current situation. She would never give up and feel sorry for herself.

"Lili, you know a lot. What you said makes sense." She really admired him. He usually didn't talk much. But every time he opened his mouth, he always got the key points.

"I always listen to my boss when he deals with things, so I've learned naturally."

Jennie's bright eyes looked at Lisa seriously. He was in a good mood, so he looked down at her and said in a low voice, "There may be some twists and turns in the shooting this time, but don't worry Just focus on your job. With Niki's ability, the highest position she can get in her career is just being a manager."

Lisa was always right, so Jennie believed his words.

Lisa wouldn't do anything to Niki because she didn't deserve it.

But he could already tell from her arrogance that she was digging her own grave.

The next day, Jennie and Lv Shan arrived at the shooting location on time. Sure enough, no one told them that Jennie was replaced.

It seemed that Niki was not that powerful to do it yet.

Krystal arrived at the location with Kai. They already knew that Director Baizen had chosen Jennie.

Krystal lost to Jennie in the Orisa Fashion Show last time. This time, she was determined to beat Jennie in the advertisement of Chanel.

She must choose the best clothes to show the best oriental costumes.

Chanel's clothing line was divided into two major categories.

One was called Summer Chanel, and the other was called Winter Chanel. They were in accordance with the ancient culture of S country.

In the Winter category, the embroideries of the clothes were complicated. And the colors were distinct and elegant. They gave the wearers pleasant and colorful feelings, and they were the most eye-catching.

As for the Summer category, the colors were conservative and not very eye-catching. The embroideries were light and elegant but intricate and skillful.

Obviously, the clothes in Wintrr were more brilliant and eye-catching in front of the camera.

Krystal picked a set with the most outstanding colors and went to the dressing room to change.

Since she had chosen a set of clothes from the Winter category, of course, Jennie couldn't choose the same.

So she picked up a moon-white jacket with buttons down the front and a dress of the same color. She then went to the dressing room to change as well.

Kennie usually dressed simply. And when she changed into these ordinary and light-colored clothes and stood next to Krystal, she was obviously overshadowed by Krystal.

The staff around them were a little surprised. "It turns out that the one chosen by the higher-ups looks better than the one chosen by Director Baizen. Is this a strategy to use Jennie as a foil to Krystal?"

________________________________________
Don't vote.