Chapter 73

“I’ve heard that a single pearl shell is worth hundreds of thousands of yuan. How can you afford it?” Jennie stuffed the bracelet into Lisa’s hand.

The smile on Lisa’s face vanished. “Really? Is it that expensive? When I went diving, I found these shells. No one told me the price.”

He indeed found these shells when he went diving. Since he met her five years ago, he had paid special attention to anything related to “Bei”, which means “shell”.

Lisa had brought back all the shells he had found when he went diving in the deep sea. And when he thought of sending her this bracelet today, he immediately arranged for someone to make it and send it to her.

“You really don’t know the value of this bracelet?” Jennie asked perplexedly.

Of course, Lisa knew its price. But it was not a big deal to him. The shells he brought back were all placed in the storage box at home. He saved them only because they were connected to Jennie’s name.

For others, they were very expensive shells. But for him, they were just shells.

“Don’t you think it suits you well?” He took her hand and put the bracelet on her wrist again.

The size was just right for her. Compared with gold, silver, and jade, this one really matched her special temperament.

Jennie asked unexpectedly, “Where did you get these many shells?”

“In the sea. I often go deep-sea diving when I go on business trips, so I always bring home some shells. There are still more at home. If you like them, I can give them all to you,” Lisa said calmly.

“Forget it. I heard that they are very expensive.” Jennie still wanted to return the bracelet to him.

“Maybe it’s a coincidence that there are all kinds of shells at home. Keep it. If its design is masculine, I’ll keep it for myself,” he said calmly.

After thinking for a while, she thought the style of the bracelet indeed didn’t suit him.

Besides, he couldn’t possibly afford such an expensive bracelet that worth millions of yuan. And an ordinary man like him couldn’t recognize this kind of shell.

So it made sense if he got them while he was diving.

Jennje looked at the bracelet carefully. Actually, she was very satisfied with it, and it really suited her well.

When Jennie and Lisa returned home, they found that Luca wasn’t there.

Lisa was a little surprised.

“Where is Luca?” Jennie asked worriedly. “Usually, he stays at home with Aunt Hwang at this time of the day.” She looked confused.

“I asked Aunt Hwang to take him to the amusement park. I’ll pick him up after dinner.” Lisa slightly frowned, and a hint of coldness flashed through his eyes.

Jennie was really tired after shooting for a whole day, so she didn’t think much about it.

After dinner, she ran into the room and said, “Lisa, when Luca comes back, let him take a shower and go to bed. I’ll take a nap first.”

Looking at her back, Lisa picked up his phone and car keys. Then he turned around and walked out of the house.

He drove directly to a villa and stopped at the gate.

In a lighted room, he could see Luca sitting in front of the window. Sitting next to him was a young woman. She was whispering something to him.

Lisa dialed a number. When his call was answered, he said in a cold and deep voice, “Mom, bring Luca out.”

A few moments later, Mrs. Manoban walked out of the villa with Luca.

As soon as Luca saw Lisa’s car, he ran towards it quickly. “Jen Jen, my little cutie!”

“Luca, be careful! Who is that little cutie? You’ve been mentioning her all day long,” Mrs. Manoban said gently.

Seeing that Jennie was not in the car, Luca got in, feeling frustrated. He pursed his lips and said nothing.

When Mrs. Manoban saw Lisa, she looked a little sad. “Lisa, why are you here?”

“I’m here to pick up my child.”

Lisa didn’t want to have a fight with his mother in front of Lucs, so his voice was very restrained.

Mrs. Manoban knew that he was upset, so she didn’t say anything more.

But when Luca fell asleep, she said, “It’s me who asked Aunt Hwany to bring Luca here. Lisa, Somi is Gun Gun’s aunt, after all. Now that his mother is gone, I can’t bear him not to be close to her.”

Lisa’s expression was cold, and his thin lips were pressed into a straight line. His resistance was very apparent.

Knowing that it was useless to argue with him, Mrs. Manoban shut up.

Lisa parked his car outside the Manoban family’s mansion and said, “Mom, you can go back now. I will take Luca back to my home.”

Mrs. Manoban got out of the car and watched Lisa’s car drive away. She couldn’t help but sigh.

Lisa drove in the direction of Jennie’s house.

When they arrived home, he gently opened the door with Luca in his arms. Unexpectedly, Jennie, who had fallen asleep before he left, was now sitting in the living room.

“Jennie, why are you awake?”

“I just fell asleep and had a nightmare. I dreamed that Luca was taken away by someone, so I couldn’t go back to sleep anymore. I was actually about to call Aunt Hwang,” Jennie explained, stroking her long hair.

When she saw that Luca was in Lisa’s arms, she quickly walked towards him and said, “Let me take him. Oh, my dear baby! Dreams are always the opposite.”

She finally calmed down when she hugged the little boy.

“Luca, take off your clothes first and change into your pajamas before going to bed.” Jennie carried Luca to the bedroom to help him change into his pajamas.

She really liked him. In fact, she treated him just like she treated Leo in her heart.

For her, they were both her sons. There was no difference.

“Luca went to see his aunt just now,” Lisa said in a low voice.

“His aunt? Do you mean his mother’s sister?” Jennie finally understood.

“Yes. Jeon Somi. I’m sorry,” Lisa replied in a low voice.

Jennie smiled. “Sorry for what? It’s just normal for him to see his aunt, isn’t it? It turns out that aside from us, there is someone else who loves him so much.”

“Jennie…” Lisa only felt sorry for her.

Jennie helped Luca put on his pajamas carefully and cleaned his teeth expertly. When Leo was tired before, he also didn’t want to get up to wash his face and brush his teeth, so she was already familiar with this situation.

Lisa said in a deep voice, “I don’t like anyone in the Jeon family, and I don’t want Luca to see or contact any of them.”

Jennie looked at him and said, “I remember you said that Luca’s mother had taken some secret measures to get pregnant and give birth to him.”

“Yes. At that time, Luca’s mother, Jeon Qing, got my sperm cells from the hospital and made a test tube baby by herself.

However, Jeon Qing got into a car accident and died before she had the chance to contact me.

Then the members of the Jeon family came to the Manoban family with Luca.

At that time, we were already married, so I was very reluctant to have him. I didn’t want him at all.

But in the end, I finally compromised and kept him. But the condition was that the members of the Jeon family had to cut off all communication with him.”

________________________________________
Don't vote.