Chapter 89

“Jennie, since this matter has nothing to do with you, I’d better call the police. Maybe they can fix this,” Minzy said. But she wasn’t sure if it was really the right thing to do.

They didn’t have any evidence, so it would definitely take a long time to solve this issue. The police would have to spend a lot of time and energy dealing with it.

“Editor-in-chief, if you are worried that we might lose or tamper the memory card, I can guarantee on Jennie’s behalf.” They heard Mino’s voice from the door.

He saw JooE went in and out. Then he also saw the technician from ELLE’s technical department came in, so he guessed the general situation and knew what the problem was.

As Mino walked in, he looked so tall and handsome, and his face was flawless. When he spoke softly, it was hard for others to refuse such a stunning beauty.

He smiled and said, “I also know that elite friend of Jennie. You might as well let him try. If he can really recover the content of the memory card, you won’t only give justice to Jennie but also to Hara.”

Jennie looked at Mino, her true best friend, and thought, ‘HugeboyMino really deserves three hotpots.’

Minzy weighed the pros and cons for a long time before she finally agreed. She really wanted to give her daughter justice and find out who was the black sheep in the studio.

Such a person definitely didn’t deserve to appear in their magazine.

Mino walked towards Jennie and said, “I just called Rosé to bring Leo here. I’ll take the memory card out and give it to him. Just wait here.”

“Okay,” Jennie agreed with a nod.

Actually, she also wanted to see how capable Leo was.

She believed that her son could do it.

Mino took the memory card and walked out of the office. At this moment, all the people in the studio were either focused on their work or discussing Jennie’s matter. For the time being, no one was paying attention to him.

“Oh no! They said they loved me, and they wanted to be my children’s mothers. But just a gossip has easily distracted their attention.” Mino sighed. His handsome face looked melancholic. “People say that you can never really know someone. I think it is right.”

As soon as he walked out, Rosé opened the car door for him.

Leo sat in the back seat indifferently. He took the memory card from Mino’s hand and started the computer skillfully.

‘Who has dared to frame Mom?’ Leo thought to himself. As his fingers moved quickly on the keyboard, he was already cursing that person in his mind.

Who dared to bully Jennie? That person must pay for what he or she had done.

Two minutes later, Mino’s phone rang, and a video was sent to his WeChat.

“Leo! You are really worthy of being Jackson’s student!” Mino’s smooth jade-like face showed a proud look. “I’ll treat you to hotpot ten times.”

Ten hotpots? Leo glanced at him. “I don’t like hotpot. It’s your favorite, not mine.”

Leo always had a light diet. Probably he had been following Lisa, although he had never met him.

It was okay for him to eat something spicy with Mino and Jennie occasionally. But he definitely couldn’t have ten hotpots.

“Okay. But still, I’ll treat you to a meal. You can choose whatever you want to eat. I’m going to find Jennie first. She has received a lot of criticisms and negative comments. I have to save her.”

Leo nodded and browsed the news on the webpage. Sure enough, the netizens were all deceived by someone. They were all accusing Jennie.

He knew that Jennie would never do those things, and she would definitely clear her name.

In the comment section, Leo saw a comment from a netizen named Bei Ke 001, “Jennie is a kind and good woman. She won’t do such a thing. I trust her.”

Because this netizen didn’t have any followers and had never posted a comment before, not many people liked his comment. Leo thought for a while, then pressed the like button for his righteous comment.

Lisa was on his way to the city.

In the afternoon, there was an important matter that he needed to deal with in the suburb. It was only at this moment that he discovered the scandal about Jennie that already went viral.

He quickly typed in some words in the comment section to show support to Jennie. Then he finished his work quickly and drove towards the studio in a rush.

However, the distance was too long, and the road was congested. Even if he changed his car into a motorcycle and tried to squeeze in between countless blocked cars, he still couldn’t be there for Jennie immediately.

When he called Jennie, she told him that she was already dealing with it. The two of them were both in a hurry, so they didn’t talk much.

Mino pushed the door of the office open and walked in. Minzy looked very calm.

“It was recovered,” he said, handing his phone over to her.

Jennie had received the video from Leo and had already shown it to Minzy.

After watching it, Minzy calmed down again. Perhaps she knew what to do after knowing the truth. That was why she wasn’t as angry and flustered as before.

“Let’s go out together,” she said to Jennie with a trace of apology in her eyes.

Minzy, Jennie, and Mino walked into the studio. At this moment, everyone stopped working upon seeing them.

With a stern and indifferent look on her face, Minzy walked in front of everyone.

Since Jennie had just finished shooting, she was only wrapped in a bath towel, and her hair was in disarray. Now that she followed behind Minzy, she looked a little embarrassed.

Because she thought of her mother just now and marveled at Leo’s ability, she was a bit emotional. Her eyes were still red and even wet. It was as if she had cried after being scolded.

Mino stood next to Jennis. His handsome jade-like face was expressionless.

The crowd started whispering to each other. “It seems that the photo was really taken on purpose. What a vicious woman! How could she do such a thing?”

“Hara is so cute. How could she have the heart to hurt the little girl?”

“Her face is as beautiful as a flower, but her heart is as vicious as a snake. That’s Jennie’s true nature. She’s horrible. I don’t want to work with someone like her.”

JooE felt relieved. She guessed that Minzy didn’t find anything in her memory card and still suspected Jennie just like the netizens on the Internet.

She could totally get rid of any suspicion now.

Krystal was also secretly pleased. She thought inwardly, ‘Although JooE did something stupid, the result was a miracle. Jennie couldn’t turn the tables now.’

Standing in front of everyone, Minzy said lightly, “I’m sure everyone has known what happened today. I want to say something solemnly here.

ELLE is one of the most famous magazines in the country. What are the standards in choosing its partners? First, moral quality, and second, fame. What we hope to bring to our readers is positive energy, not false glitz.

________________________________________
Don't vote.