Chapter 15

Kai had treated her better and better.

He was gentle and considerate. It was clear that he paid attention to the smallest details.

This pair of shoes not only showed his love, but they also made her feel proud in front of her peers.

"Karina, help me put on those shoes." Krystal smiled elegantly and sat down under everyone's envious gaze.

"Miss Kim, please sign for the package." The man who had brought the shoe box held out a receipt and a pen.

Karina smiled and said, "You badly want Krystal's signature, don't you? Krystal, you can give him more of your signatures."

Krystal took the receipt and pen and signed her name on the paper.

The man frowned at her signature and said, "Miss Kim, please sign your real name."

"This is my real name. I've never used a stage name since I started my career," Krystal explained patiently. After all, she was in a good mood.

"I'm really sorry then. This pair of shoes is meant for Miss Jennie Kim. Please return the shoes if you are not Jennie Kim." The man bowed and immediately packed the shoes back into the shoebox. Fortunately, they hadn't been worn yet.

Krystal's face changed dramatically when she heard this. How could it be possible? These shoes weren't a gift to her from Kai?

Karina was just as shocked. "Are you sure? Who would send such an expensive gift to Jennie? I mean, Krystal is usually the only one who receives this sort of treatment!"

Ignoring Karina, the man turned around and asked, "Is Miss Jennie Kim here?"

"Yes, it's me." Jennie slowly walked towards the man, wondering who would gift her such an expensive pair of shoes.

Her friends from the Paris couldn't have acted so timely.

And she didn't have such intimate friends at home.

"Miss Kim, please sign for the shoes. I'm so sorry. I almost made a mistake."

After Jennie signed her name on the receipt, the man bowed and left.

There were sneers all around the room, and some of the women's shoulders were shaking. Obviously, they were trying their best to hold back their laughter, at least for Krystal's sake.

Someone even whispered to her friend and laughed at Krystal's narcissism.

Although their voices were low, Krystal still heard their harsh words.

Karina also felt guilty. "I'm sorry, Krystal. It's all my fault. I spoke too hastily!"

Krystal was so angry that she dug her nails into her palms.

'Jennie! Why is it Jennie again? She always steals my thunder!'

But on the outside, her lips curved up into a gentle smile. "I'm really sorry, Jennie. I didn't know that it was for you. I didn't know that you have such a rich and considerate friend."

Jennie smiled at her but said nothing.

Then, she bent down and put on the limited edition shoes. They fit her feet perfectly.

She stood up and walked a few steps. The shoes were very comfortable to walk in.

"Everyone, get ready. Enter the hall when it's your turn." A staff member walked in at that moment and gave everyone instructions. "All the models have two minutes for the first test. Once you're done with your turn, you can wait in the lobby. The name list for the second test will be revealed later!"

It was just a very brief test that lasted only two minutes.

Soon, it was Jennie's turn. She was well-prepared, and the episode just now had had no effect on her.

She didn't make any mistakes at all during her turn.

Krystal went into the test hall right before Jennie and came out before her.

After coming out, she saw Jennie enter the test hall, but the latter did not come out of it after a long time.

The models who entered the test hall after Jennie came out one by one, but she still didn't see Jennie.

"Karina, go and find out what happened," Krystal ordered.

Karina went to the backstage area at once. After searching for a while, she couldn't find Jennie, but instead, she got wind of an explosive piece of news. "Krystal, did you hear? People are saying that a model secretly gave a gift box containing a condom to one of the judges. So, that model has lost her qualification to participate in the first test!"

"Yes, I heard it too."

Everyone in the lobby was discussing the same thing, and their voices had reached her ears.

"It has to be Jennie, right? Only that idiot has done such a thing! No one else is as stupid as her," Karina said.

Krystal maintained the gentle smile on her face. Since Jennie hadn't come out yet, it could be her.

But this matter happened a few days ago, right? Why didn't it become public until now?

"I guess that judge didn't make it public because he wanted to teach Jennie a lesson in front of everyone else," Karina answered.

Krystal nodded. "Okay then, let's wait for the results."

Jennie might have been in the spotlight and punished NingNing today, but in the end, she was still going to be kicked out of the show!

The other models in the lobby continued to discuss the matter. "Who on earth would be shameless enough to do such a thing? It's an embarrassment to all the models in S Country!"

"Whoever dared to do this, she's just digging her own grave! Well, as long as she doesn't get us into trouble, I'm fine with everything that will happen."

Jennie had finished the first test, but instead of going to the lobby, she headed straight to the office of the logistics department.

NingNing was inside, packing up her stuff. Since she had broken several pairs of shoes and almost hurt a model, she had been dismissed by the supervisor.

After packing her things, she looked up and saw Jennie standing in front of her.

She sneered, "Miss Kim, are you here to laugh at me?"

"Well, I don't really find this funny, do you?" Jennie asked. She looked as elegant as ever.

"Then why are you here?"

"Do you think that you did a great thing just now? You even gave up your own future for Krystal's sake. Do you think she is worth it?"

NingNing was stunned. "She has always been good to me. She has never treated me like the daughter of a servant, unlike some lady, who has always looked down on me!"

"NingNing, tell me, do you think highly of your own mother?"

NingNing was rendered speechless.

"Who do you think helped your mother get the free medicine for her chronic blood disease for the past dozen years? It was my mother, and then me," Jennie said plainly. "My mother and I just don't like to talk about such things."

NingNing's face paled after hearing this. "Really? Why have you never mentioned this to me before?"

"There was no need to tell you about it," Jennie replied calmly. It was obvious that she didn't think that she had done anyone a great favor, and that she didn't expect any reward for doing a good deed.

NingNing knew that Jennie wouldn't lie to her. After all, with her identity and social status, Jennie didn't have to lie about such a trivial matter. Besides, she could find out the truth with a simple investigation.

However, she had hurt Jennie, the one who had really helped her, just for Krystal's and her mother's superficial kindness!

________________________________________
Don't vote.