Chapter 74

Jennie understood Lisa’s sentiments. No wonder he said just now that he didn’t like the Jeon family, and he didn’t want Lisa to get in touch with them.

Indeed, what Jeon Qing did was disappointing.

Lisa continued in a low voice, “But as Luca grows up, the members of the Jeon family don’t want to give him up.

Besides, he is the only connection between the Jeon family and the Manoban family.

Somi often comes to see Luca.

And since Luca really wants to get some information about his mother from her, I can’t deprive him of this right, so I agreed.

But my condition is that they can only see each other once a month at most.

This is the second time that she has come to see him this month.”

So Lisa was very angry that Somi and Luca met without his permission. And it also made him feel sorry for Jennie.

She loved and treated Luca like her own son. But they took him away without permission. They didn’t show respect to her at all.

It was only then that Jennie realized how Luca came to the Manoban family.

Luca and Lisa were both victims here. The two of them were not given any chance to choose. They were arranged for each other’s life.

But since Jeon Qing had already passed away, there was no use dredging up the past.

“I’m sorry, Jennie. This is all my fault. Due to my oversight, Jeon Qing had gotten the opportunity to give birth to Luca.” This matter had always made Lisa’s heart in knots.

He felt that it was too unfair for Jennis to let her raise Luca.

In the past five years, he didn’t look for her. Although it was because she had sent him the divorce agreement, there was one more reason. Luca’s sudden appearance also disrupted his plans.

“Don’t think too much, Lisa. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. I like Luca so much.” Jennie then poured a glass of milk for him. “Here, drink some milk, so you can sleep well. I know you will be fine after a good sleep.”

“Jennie…” Lisa took the glass but didn’t catch her hand. “I’m sorry. As your husband, I shouldn’t have had contact with the Jeon family. But I still went to their villa tonight.”

“It’s okay. You only went there to pick up Luca. For me, it’s fine if they want to see Luca. It’s not a big deal as long as they really love him.” Jennie smiled sweetly. There was no trace of jealousy in her eyes but only love.

On the contrary, Lisa hoped to see her displeased. He wanted her to lose her temper and tell him that she was not happy with what he did.

But none of these emotions appeared on her face at all.

It seemed that she really didn’t care much about it. Lisa’s heart sank slightly, and his eyes darkened.

Jennie smiled unperturbedly. “Go to bed early after drinking the milk. You have to go to work tomorrow, so don’t think too much.”

“What if I tell you that Somi likes me?” Lisa and Somi had never crossed paths before. And every time he picked Luca up, he tried his best to avoid her.

But he knew that Somi liked him. As a matter of fact, she had asked Luca to bring him gifts several times. It was just that he refused to accept all of them.

Lisa didn’t take this matter to heart. But seeing the unconcerned look on Jennie’s face, he couldn’t help asking her the question.

He wanted to know if she cared for him or not.

Even a little bit of love from her could make a difference.

Upon hearing Lisa’s words, the bright smile on Jennie’s face faded a little. She felt empty and depressed when she heard that someone else liked him. How could this be possible? She didn’t have feelings for him, right?

Jennie convinced herself that she was just imagining things. Yes, she was sad. But it was not because someone else liked Lisa. It was because she was afraid that someone would take Luca away from her.

Well, it must be it.

So her sadness only lasted for a second. Her mouth immediately curved up into a smile. “Men always like beautiful women and vice-versa. You are very handsome. It’s normal for someone to like you.”

“Aren’t you jealous?” Lisa asked, giving her an inquisitive look.

“Ha-ha! Why should I? She likes you, but you don’t like her.” After saying this, Jennue seemed to be relieved.

Yes, a woman liked Lisa. But he didn’t say that he liked her too.

So why would she feel dejected?

He had said before that he would not like any woman. He didn’t even care about who he married because all women were just the same in his eyes. So what she was thinking was a little unnecessary, wasn’t it?

Jennie quickly expelled all the messy thoughts from her mind.

Lisa thought that what she said made sense. It turned out that she was not worried because he didn’t like another woman.

It seemed that she also cared about him.

He was satisfied because her simple words made him feel much better now.

“Drink your milk and go to bed.” Jennie wanted to end their conversation.

Because if they continued to talk, she didn’t know what would happen next.

Lisa drank up the glass of milk obediently.

Jennie closed the door and thought to herself, ‘It turns out that the two girls from the Jeon family both like Lisa. One loved him so much that she had chosen to give birth to his son without thinking of gaining anything. And the other one likes Luca so much.’

She lowered her head and looked at Luca. He was so cute. She really didn’t want other women to like him, let alone Somi, who was his aunt.

Jennie was so jealous.

It would be nice if Luca was her own son.

Fixing her eyes on him, she thought, ‘I wonder if Somi will like Leo too. If I die, she will definitely live here to take care of Luca and Lisa. Will she like Leo as much as she likes Luca?

Well, maybe. After all, Leo is also Lisa’s son.’

Jennie should feel relieved that a woman would be there to love Lisa so much in the future. And she would live in this house and become the hostess of this family.

But when she thought about it for one more second, she felt heartbroken. Thinking that her two sons would call Somi mommy tore her heart apart.

Eventually, she decided to forget about it and go to bed. She didn’t want to waste her time thinking about such an annoying thing.

As soon as Jennie lay down, Luca rolled over and hugged her. He looked at her in half-awake state, then closed his eyes again and went back to sleep contentedly.

Actually, he didn’t like going to the Jeon family’s villa at all. He didn’t even want to see Somi. But he thought that Lisa liked it that he visited them because Lisa had asked him to go there every month. So he obediently went there on time.

If only he had a choice, he would choose to stay at home with Jennie.

The next day, Jennie went to ELLE’s shooting location early.

Today, they had to be there with their partners.

It was still early in the morning, but everyone in the set was looking forward to the partners that the supermodels would bring.

_______________________________________
Don't vote.