Chapter 159

Krystal’s ears were filled with the envious words of others, and this lit up her face.

Song Ruinian also had high hopes for Krystal’s future.

It seemed that Krystal was definitely going to take the lead in today’s event.

The host was also envious of Krystal and announced, “I think we can agree that Krystal will be the winning actress for today’s event. Does anyone have any objections?”

Everyone shook their heads to express their agreement.

Sun Hee and Min Jung crowded around Krystal to admire her diamond and jewelry.

Min Jung suddenly asked, “Where’s Jennie? I didn’t see her coming to receive the gifts. Isn’t she one of the most popular actresses nowadays?”

Sun Hee also said, “Host, it seems that Jennie hasn’t received the gifts from her fans yet.”

Karina pointed at the dozen or so items on the table and said, “These are the gifts Jennie received. I’m afraid they won’t change the result of today’s selection.”

Everyone laughed.

“But it’s strange. Jennie has had a lot of endorsements and activities recently. Why doesn’t she have any fans to give her anything? Is her popularity…” Sun Hee deliberately stopped talking upon reaching that point.

However, the meaning behind her words could not be any clearer. Did Jennie’s popularity come from paid marketing? Were her fans on Weibo zombie fans that she spent money to get?

The number of gifts she received was totally incomparable to her popularity.

Min Jung added, “It’s not like this has never happened before. Actually, whether a person is famous or not depends on how many active fans the artist has. If she doesn’t even have active fans, then no matter how popular she is, she’ll still be a nobody.”

Everyone agreed.

A few newbies thought to themselves, ‘Could it be that Jennie actually bought her fans on Weibo? It seems to be the case. Although she’s popular, she hasn’t received any follow-up resources. I wonder if she’s really popular.’

“Models can only develop like this. No matter how popular they are, can they be compared to artists with good projects?”

Song Ruinian was the only one who knew the actual number of calls Jennie had received for collaborations and work. It was just that she had not agreed to any of them yet.

Krystal smiled and tried to mediate the situation, saying, “Some fans just don’t like to give gifts. It means that Jennie’s fans are rational.”

Everyone burst into laughter. Rationality? That was just an excuse.

As long as they were fans, they would not be rational. If they liked someone, they would become fanatical.

Jennie, on the other hand, was not bothered at all. After all, she had told her fans not to give her anything, so it did not matter whether she received gifts or not.

She stepped forward and took a look. “Are these all mine?”

“They’re all yours,” Karina said with a smile. “Do you want me to lend you a car? They may not be easy for you to carry.”

Sun Hee and Min Jung laughed again.

“That won’t be necessary, thank you.” Jennie gathered them.

Seeing that most of the gifts she received were stuffed toys, Jennie gave them to the newbie who liked them very much.

The newbie smiled happily. “Thank you, Sister Jennie.”