My soldier: Part 2

Later that night, as I'm talking to Toby, I see Flo with the same guy from earlier. Now we've spoken, and I can see she's not interested, not that he seems to realise. He keeps trying to lean in and kiss her, which she rejects, but he doesn't get it.

I clench my jaw, not hearing a thing Toby is saying.

"Come on, don't be a tease, Flo." I home in on their conversation.

"I told you it wasn't like that, Joe."

He grabs her side as she pushes him off. "Stop!" she speaks firmly, but he doesn't get the message.

I walk over, stepping between the two. "The lady said no." I stand toe to toe with him.

"Y/n please, I'm OK." Flo grabs my arm, lowering it but hanging onto my hand.

"What you gonna do, huh?"

I look down at Flo with her pleading eyes. That's when I noticed that nearly everyone has stopped what they were doing.

"I think you need to leave, Joe," I speak calmly.

"Or what? huh? Dyke!" He jabs a finger into my shoulder. I breathe in deeply.

"I'm going to ask nicely one last time. Leave." I down the last of my drink setting the cup down.

"Come on, Flo." He grabbed at her one last time. I swung my arm back before smashing it into his face. Just once he hits the ground before anyone can react.

"I'm sorry." I look deep into her eyes before walking away.

"Y/n what the hell?" Toby chases after me.

"He kept grabbing her after she said no, and he can't have... I meant he can't do that to her."

"He's a dick but it's Flo. You know what she's like. She loves attention." Again. I bite my tongue.

"Dude, she... she's isn't like that."

"Oh, and you know my sister better than me?" Toby laughs, pulling two beers out of the fridge and handing me one.

"I just think she may have changed, that's all." I take the top off taking a big sip.

"You've always had a soft spot for her."

Or an incredibly hard one. If only you knew, man...

I pick up two drinks and quietly sneak out the door. We always meet at an old shed on her parents' property. Well, I say shed.. it is a small apartment away from her family's house. I make the short journey approaching to see the lights on.

I carefully push the door open with my elbow, placing the drinks on a side table. I look around to find Flo in the bedroom, closing the wardrobe. I approach her, wrapping my arms around her midsection and kissing her neck.

"Mmmmm, that better be you y/n." I spin her around.

"Who else would it be?" I continue to kiss her neck.

"Oh, one of my many other knights in shining armour." I bite her neck, soothing it with my tongue.

"Many, huh?" A quiet moan escaped her lips.

"So many." Her hands tangle in my hair.

I pull away. "Hey, why'd you stop?" she grabs at me.

"I... I found something earlier you know by accident." I pull her hand down, pulling her to the sofa and sitting down. I pull her to straddle me.

I run my hand up and down her sides.

"A little book, behind a broken wooden plank..." The fear in her eyes is automatically apparent as she tries to get away.