The girl next door

Fem reader x Florence

Just after the release of don't worry darling. This is the start of Florence's career so she's not as well known as she is. Let's pretend!
She's helped by a policewoman who just happens to be her new neighbour, a date that may turn into more...

Florence's POV

I look outside to see the front of my house covered in paparazzi. I sigh, all this because of the rumours about Harry and me.

I'm done explaining myself to anyone, I know the truth and everyone who knows me knows the truth.

I have a lunch meeting I need to get to or I'd love to stay indoors. I get myself ready slipping on my shoes and preparing myself as I open my door. The cameras are in my face immediately as I shove through them. Why did I tell security to take a day off? I lift my bag over my face but there are so many of them and I can't get through. The air feels thick my eyes heavy, and my breathing picks up as I feel more and more overwhelmed.

"Are you all aware this is private property?" A voice I've never heard before.

"I suggest you move along unless you all want to be arrested for trespassing." I feel the bodies move away. I figure rushes over to me helping to support me.

"Are you ok ma'am?" I look and see a policewoman, very tall, attractive... off-topic. I nod.

"Yes thank you so much." I stand breathing out as the air seemingly rushes to my lung.

"It's a good job you were passing." I brush myself off.

"I'm off duty, I've just moved in next door, so I was on my way home" Her eyes scan over me.

"You're my new neighbour?" I fiddle with the keys in my hand.

"Yes ma'am." So polite, could get used to that.

"Florence." I hold my hand out.

"Y/n." taking my hand she shakes it "Well I best let you carry on with your day see you around Ma'a.... Florence." The way she says my name sends shivers down my spine.

I pull myself together and head off to meet my friend.

"It was so scary I was pinned down by the paparazzi. Then my neighbour came and scared them away."

"That was nice of them!" I stir my tea before taking a small sip. "Yeah, it was she's a police officer so."

"Oh, that's handy! Nice having an office next door."

"Yeah really nice." I smile at the earlier interaction. this not going unnoticed by Louise.

"What was that smile for?" I look up shocked.

"What there was no smile." Taking a bit of cake.

"Oh is this police officer hot by any chance?" She nudges me.

"Well as it happens, yes she's very attractive, very polite has a husky voice, big strong hands..." My mind wanders.

"Florence helllooo." Louise waves her hand in front of my face.

"Yes?" I put my cup down

"So is she?" Oh crap, what did she say?

"Ermm not sure..."

"Well was she flirting with you?"

Right ok, she wants to know if she's interested! Right, no more daydreaming.

"Erm not exactly tbh I'm not 100% sure she's gay." That was true I mean I'd like to think so but can't make assumptions.

"I might take over a bottle of wine as a 'thank you for saving me' drink"