The light

I sit facing away from the door drinking as per usual. "Double please Bill."

11.15 pm. I was stupid to think she'd show up. What should I expect I'm a 200-year-old vampire she's a 20-something attractive girl.

"You keep looking at that clock you waiting for someone y/n?"

Drinking the liquid as it warms my insides, the only warmth I ever get to feel.

"No just checking the time Bill."

A little time passes before I hear the door opens and that familiar smell follows "In all the bars in all the towns in all the world, you had to walk into this one." I smile.

"Cara." I look back at the clock. "You're 45 minutes late, do you think it's wise to keep a vampire waiting?" I turn to see her for the first time... she looks beautiful.

"I didn't know what to wear. I didn't know if this was a date or not."
I stand holding my hand out and escorting her to a table.

"It's difficult for a vampire to date in the traditional sense as we don't eat and most of the fun things you humans like to do are open during the daytime so." We sit opposite each other at a small table.

"We can still drink." I nod "That is one thing we can do. A bottle of whiskey over here please Jess." I gesture towards the bar. The barmaid nods.
"Can I say you look very beautiful this evening?" I slight pink blush on her face as the bottle and glasses are placed next to us.

"Why thank you y/n you don't look so bad yourself." I pour us both a large shot.

"To you Cara." I hold the glass up toward hers, and she gently clashes her glass into my own.

"You know for such a little human you can hold a lot of liquor." I pour another round of drinks for us.

"I could drink you under the table little miss vampire." She hiccups as she takes the glass.

"Maybe that's enough for you miss Cara." I try to take the glass from her.

"Hey! no I'm... I'm fine." She stands taking the glass with her. I super speed in front of her taking the gladd. "Be careful sweetheart. Don't want any accidents."

I sit back down drinking both drinks.

"Maybe I should go party with those guys." She starts walking towards a group of juvenile vampires you've seen a hand full of times.

"Don't be so wreckless Cara." She stumbles closer looking back at me. She's trying to get a rise from me.

"Well hello there darling, don't you smell delicious!" One of the younger vampires says pulling her into his side.

"Maybe I should take you out for a bite to eat." He flashes his teeth. I slam the glass on the bar. Before appearing in front of them.

"She is not a meal." My fangs out. "Do you understand?" I question a growl escaping my throat

"She came ov..."

"She didn't come over here to be a meal! I suggest you all leave before I rip each of your spines from your body." Cara places her hand on my arm trying to offer comfort.

"You do not touch another vampires human. Especially mine." She pulls on my arm lightly. The group disappear quickly.

"Your human?" Cara looks up at me with dough eyes.

"It's an unspoken rule among vampires. If you 'have' a human no other vampire may harm or feed from them. Not that I'm suggesting you're mine... it was the easiest way to get rid of them."