Devils Heat

Florence x Male reader

Flos and y/n relationship has been slowly declining. However, as it turns out, it is due to the fact y/n planning on proposing, so he's been super secretive. 1 night Flo has had enough and plans to end their relationship..

Florence's POV

"I don't think I can take my more. Everything has changed between us."

I turn to my friend coffee in hand. My boyfriend. He's been so off recently. He hasn't as much as touched me in nearly two months.

"Have you spoken to y/n? it just doesn't sound like him." I put my cup down leaning back.

"He's hiding his phone from me when he's texting. There's something going on. I just don't know what to do anymore. I need to go home. thank you for coffee, I'll text you later." I give my friend a hug, grabbing my bags and leaving.

Y/n has always been my best friend, my partner, my absolute everything, we were friends for nearly 5 years before he got the courage to ask me out. He was so cute and used to do the sweetest things, bringing me flowers to work just because. Recently, he's been distant and distracted. I need to try talking to him. I don't want to throw away our relationship unnecessarily, but if he's doesn't start telling me the truth, it's over.

I turn my key in my apartment door.
"Y/n you here?" I call out he's usually here after the gym. "Flo?" I leave my bags on the sofa.
"Yeah It's me." I feel his strong arms wrapping around me.
"Hey." I can't help but smile. "Hey."I pull myself away from him. "We need to talk."

He nods softly. "Oh.. ok, is everything ok?" I walk sitting at the table.

"What's been going on?" Ivask outrightly.

"What do you mean?" He sits next to me, trying to hold my hand.

"The secrecy? the hiding the phone from me?" On que his phone goes off. After looking at the notification, he turns his phone over.

"It's just work it nothing important." Strike 1.

"If that's so, let me see." I go to grab his phone, but he snatched it away.

"You can't see, look, it's nothing you need to be concerned about ok, don't you trust me?" I look at him.

"I'm not sure I do right now y/n."

"Wow... well, then maybe if you can't trust me, maybe we shouldn't be together." He stands tucking the chair in

"I think you're right, y/n. If you can't be honest with me about this, I'm sorry." He slams his phone on the table, sliding it over.

"Look for yourself." He storms towards the bedroom.

I unlock his phone, opening his messages. My dad?

Why was he messaging my dad.

Mr P.

I hope tonight goes well y/n. We all arrived safely earlier on. I can't imagine having a better son-in-law. We'll see you later on.

I dropped his phone. I'm such an idiot.

"Y/N!" I shout to him running into my room.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry! I fucked up!" He continues packing his bag.

"Baby." I grab his arm.

"Baby, please!" I stand in front of him.

"You thought I was cheating or some shit? really after everything we've been through?" He moves me out of the way, zipping his bag up.

"I'll get the rest of my stuff in a couple of days Florence." He walks to the door.

"Do you know what my answer would have been?" He stops.