The wolf, the lion and the princess

Florence x Fem reader.

Y/n is a knight more commently referred to as the wolf who serves the Stark family. She happens upon a jousting competition against 'The lion' Florence beacoms rather besotted with Y/n...

Florence's POV

The same old day, father wants me to go to the games this afternoon, of course I will succumb doesn't make it any more pleasant. It's barbaric two knights on horseback trying to kill one another.

I make my way to the game grounds and take a seat with my father and mother along with my brothers and sisters.

"Whose fighting today, father?" my younger brother asks.

"Oh, it will be a good battle, little Jamie. The wolf and the lion finally meet!"

I've heard of this 'wolf' a formidable force. Quick like a cat with the striking power of a horse. I suppose some find that admirable.

I hear the music begin as the 2 Knights appear in front of us bowing.

"My king." The two say in unison.

My father stands. "Ladies and and Lords, thank you for joining us we hope this will be of great entertainment for you all. Y/n Wolfeheart, The Protector of Wales. Henry Scrope, The Lion of Lyonnes. Take a moment before the games begin." The two bow and walk away separately.

"Can we got meet them, father?" Jamie asks.

"Yes, of course Florence? take your brother, please." I look at my father taking my brothers hand.

"Have you met a real Knight before Florence?" I look down at Jamie.

"I have met a few. They are not kinda men."

Jamie stops and looks at me. "Perhaps these will be." I roll my eyes knowing what kind of men they are.

We walk to the preparation area where we see them both checking their equipment.

Their heads whip around, and they both take a knee when they see us. I shake my head

"That is not necessary, young Jamie here. I wanted to meet you both."

I approach who I learn is 'The lion'

"Hello there, little one, so you wanted to meet the greatest fighter alive, I see?" He kneels next to Jamie and talks with him. "Princess, when you're ready to wed, let me know." I cringe at the mere thought. I approach the other Knight.

"And what of you? Do you also think you are the greatest fighter?" His head turned towards me as he removed his helmet. He's... almost beautiful has very soft features.

"I do not think so, mi Lady." He's not a man at all but a woman.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that you were a man." She smiles softly. "Many do, mi Lady, no offence taken."

"I've never met a woman Knight before." I walk closer to her. Admiring  her armour.

"It's certainly not very common, Mi Lady. My father always wanted a boy, and then I was born. I was the closest hed ever have." I trace over the Wolfs embalam.

"Your reputation despicts you are just as talented as any man with a sword... This is quite beautiful." She looks at me before looking at her armour.

"The Wolf of Wales. It's not an easy name to live up to." I watch as she readies her horse.

"May I say something rather out of line, Mi Lady?"

Confused, I look at her. "If you wish."

"You are quite beautiful, I've heard of your beauty, but few live up to the talks of people." A slight blush on my cheeks at the compliment.