The wrong way round part 2

3 months later

Florence's POV

So I'm five months pregnant to a man I barely knew, and now he's my best friend. He's been so great he has been to every single appointment he brings me any random craving I have no matter what time of day it is. We decided to keep the us part out of this for now, but the longer I spend with him, the harder it is.

We're out shopping right now, making sure we have all the essentials.

"What about this one?" He holds up a cute outfit.

"Ohh, that's adorable! but what if it's a boy?" I take the outfit, turning it around.

"Hmm, good point. Maybe we shouldn't get any clothes until we know the sex. So we got the nappy changing station, the nappy bin, a pram a car seat..." He continues to list off everything we could ever need. Including a lot of cuddly toys.

"Oh, this one's so sweet!" The lady at the checkout points out. Y/n smiles sweetly at the woman. I noticed the two staring at one another. Uh oh.

"Wow, you sure got everything. You're a very lucky lady." I look at her.

"Oh no, we aren't together."

Y/n coughs and looks at me, and I smile sweetly. "Yeah, we aren't together."

"Oh well, I hope this isn't too forward. Maybe we could go for a drink?" Why did I say that? Y/n nods.

"Great! There's a great place at the end of town. Here, take a card, my numbers on there." Wht kinda baby shop assistant has a card. I roll my eyes, packing the stuff up.

"Flo, are you sure you're OK with this?" I throw everything into the back of his car, ignoring him.

"Flo." I continue to load uo the car until his hand stops me. I put the bags down and looked at him.

"It's fine y/n honestly go out with the skanky shop assistant." I slam to boot and sir in the passenger seat.

A few days later, y/n is setting up the crib. He's got his 'date' tonight.

"There all done." He steps back, looking at his work.

"Looks good." I run my hand along the bars.

"Anyway, I better get going." He packs up his tools and heads downstairs.

"So I will see you Monday for the scan?" I nod.

"Goodbye." He kisses my head and then my belly before leaving.

I smile as he does. I walk behind him, closing the door as he leaves. Why
did I say I was OK for him to date someone.

I sit at home twiddling my thumbs, trying to think of a way to get him away from her.

I sound crazy right? Fuck it!

I text him..

Hey y/n um sorry to message you I'm having some really strange pains can you come over?

I put my phone face down. After 15 minutes, I relasie he isn't going to see the message. god, he's probably already in bed with her.

I run myself a hot bubble bath and slide in. Leaning. my head back, I relaxed. The bubbles danced on top of the water. The quiet music interrupted by a car door closing. I lean my head back with my eyes closed.

My eyes open when I hear a door go.

"Hello, is someone there?" I hear nothing.

I forget it and lay down peacefully.