Always the bridesmaid

Florence's younger sister is getting married before her, she decided she couldn't handle it single, so her friend recommended she 'hire ' someone for false pretences purposes.... also, I'm obsessed with Taylor like the rest of the world, so she will be mentioned a few times..

"I can't go back home single for my sisters wedding! Jill!" I complained, picking out a congratulations cards.

"It's not that bad, Flossie. Im sure you can find someone to take you your hot."

I pay putting the card in my tote bag.

"I'm not looking for anything, though. I just want a date who can pretend they're besotted with me. I don't actually want them to be. I need a drink!" I grab Jill's arm, leading her to a nearby bar and ordering a bottle of wine.

"You could always hire someone you must know a lesser known actor to fill the part? How about y/n? Weren't they in a Taylor Swift video one time? Very attractive. Didn't they date?"

Hiring someone to be my date for my sisters wedding how fucking bizarre.

"Only issues with y/n is that they're in love with Taylor."

After several bottles of wine and some bad decisions, I message y/n on Instagram.

:Heyyy you might not remember usmeeting that one time. Taylor introduced us but ineed a favour.

"Florence, what are you doing???" Jill grabs my phone from hands before I hit send.

"Hey, I was messaging y/n." She handed my phone back.

"Ok, good, making sure you weren't drunk texting your ex." I sent the message my vision slightly blurred due to the alcohol.

"We should go. I've certainly had enough." We pay for what we head and head home.

Opening my door, I hear the patter of  little paws.

"Hello, my darling girl!" I sit on the floor letting Billie lick my face. This stupid dog makes me so happy. Without moving, I pull my phone out, Billie, still jumping all over me.

"Baby, calm down." I shake my head, trying to clear my vision. When I open Instagram. I check my messages to see if they have replied, and low and behold, they haven't.

I get myself into bed just after washing my face and feeding the dog. Billie snuggled into my side when my inebriated state took over, and I fell asleep.

Y/ns POV

"And that us done for the day!" The director yells out. I stretch my aching muscles.

Being an actor is not all glamorous. Sometimes, it's bloody painful. I go and have my costume taken off as it's practically glued to me. A few minutes later, I sit in my trailer, grabbing my phone and scroll aimlessly. Now I'm not a well-known actor by any means but I sitll get a lot of messages on Instagram etc so I odnt often think much of it until I see a message of Florence Pugh. We met a couple of years ago at a party, and she's super talented, not to mention drop-dead gorgeous.

To my surprise, it's her actual page.
Does she need a favour? what could she possibly want from me?

:Hey, yeah, of course I remember meeting you. What can I do for you?

After seeing the time I realised I need to head home. I drop my keys in the bowl and sit on my sofa. My keys must have alerted Thor that I was home, and I hear his massize paws come bounding towards me. I'm met with his huge body jumping on me and licking my face. Thor is a St Bernard, so as you can imagine his a big big boy. "Hey buddy! How my little god of thunder!" I called him Thor, cause when he farts OH BOY!

I scroll mindlessly through Instagram, seeing the title of Trayvis Midnight kiss. My heart sinks... I've always loved Talyor, and we dated for a bit, but it never worked out, but seeing that hurt.

Throwing my phone across the room, it lands on a chair. Thor nestles into my face, making me smile. "What wrong with me, eh?" I smoosh his cheeks together. "She never really wanted me, huh? She just didn't want to let me go until someone better came along."

I push the feeling away and run myself a hot bath after feeding Thor.

After putting on some music on my phone, I set it down next to the bath, I relaxed into the bath, the hot water stinging a little, but helping my aching muscles.

Ping

My alerts go off, another message from Florence. What I she doing awake like 2am.

:Could we talk inperson?? imalittle sloshed right nowww.

I laugh at the message.

:Of course you know Amoret coffee, meet me there 12 pm tomorrow. I won't make you get up too early 😉

Locking my phone, I lay back in the bath....

Florence's POV

I finally drag myself out of bed. My head has mosley stopped pounding. I grab my phone and a bottle of water, and I sit on the edge of my bed.

FUCK. Reality hits. I messaged y/n last night. Oh god, what did I say??

Hastily, I open my messages. Oh fuck I agreed to mee them... IN AN HOUR!!

Shit I make myself look as presentable as possible given the horrific hangover I'm currently sporting.

I arrive at the coffee shop and take a seat near the back. It's been about 3 years since I last saw y/n but what I do remember is a tall figure with a really sweet smile, striking features.

"Florence nice to see you again." Hmm Oh god they're here.

"Y/n hey, oh thank you so much for meeting me, please sit." I get up they pull me in for a slight hug. Their scent intoxicated me immediately.

"So how have you been?" I sit across from this adonis of a human. Beautiful eyes. Not a single blemish on their face. Perfect bone structure. I'm almost so draw in I forget what I'm there for.

"So it's been tough, how about you Florence? I see you've been doing a lot recently." As I'm about to answer, a waitress comes over.

"Hello, can I take your... oh my gosh, you're y/n?" Y/n laughs to themselves before looking up at me.

"Er yeah, hey." Guess, they don't know they have a little fame.

"Wow, it's such a pleasure to meet you. erm what can I get for you?"

Hte waitress pulls her pad out.

"Erm, can I get a pot of tea, please, and Florence?" I smile. "Tea is good."

"Tea for two coming up." I watch as the waitress walks away.

"So how have you been Florence? I was very surprised to hear from you."

Y/n rolls their sleeves up, adjusting the sleeve to sit nicely on their forearms. "I've been good, actually. I have a proposal for you."

The waitress comes back placing a teapot and 2 cups along with milk and sugar infron of us.

"Oh, I'm sorry, can we swap this for another milk, please, I should have said?"

"No problem." Y/n pours the tea into boh our cups.

"Proposal? please continue." I tell them about my situation as we sip on tea.....

"Wow.. I'm flattered, but.. Florence, I'm sure you can find someone to take you. You shouldn't have to fake being happy." I put my tea down, grabbing the pot again.

"No, don't get me wrong, I'm happy on my own. I just can't deal with the constant pestering." Y/n looks at me, the cogs clearly turning in their head.

"Okay, Florence, I'll help you out. Give me the details." Y/n smiles sweetly at me.

"Right, let's get to work. we'll have to learn everything about one another, so.. what's your favourite colour y/n."

A/N hey guys, so this will have a part 2. Obviously, this has taken me like 3 weeks to write with Christmas and everything. Thanks again for reading and being so patient between updates! You guys rock honestly!!!