30 days

⚠️⚠️⚠️ Death, Cancer warning!!!

Florence's POV

How do I tell my partner I'm dying? I leave the doctor getting in my car. Y/n and I have not had a great relationship the past few months I'm sure they're going to leave me like I need any more bad news.

I'm sat a the table drinking a cup of tea while our son plays in the living room.

"Florence we need to talk."

I sigh knowing what's coming.

"I want a divorce we haven't been happy for a long time." The words break me completely but as I said I'm not surprised. Naturally I tear up yet I nod. "I'll give you a divorce on 2 conditions. we wait a while and let our son get used to the idea."

"That seems fair and condition number 2?"

I turn to look at my partner of nearly 10 years. "I want you to carry me out of our room each day."

You can see her visually wondering why. "Ok, we can do that."

Day 1

We emerge from our room my arms around their neck.

"You're carrying mummy!" Our son chants as I'm placed on the dining room chair. I drink my tea as I watch her het ready for school.

Day 5

Y/n carrying me from our room placing me down. She doesn't understand how much I appreciate the help in the mornings. This time they look into my eyes as they place me on the chair. This moment reminds me of our wedding day. I small smile on my face.

Day 10

It was extra hard to get up this morning the only thing getting me through is knowing I will get to be in their arms even if only for 5 minutes. Our son notices I'm more in pain each day. Y/n eager to leave doesn't seem to know.

Day 20

Y/n is awake before me as they crouch by the bed to wake me this time with a delicate kiss on the head. "Y/n." I smile at the gesture wrapping my arm around their neck. We walk in silence this time tucked into their chest as they carry me.

Day 30

Y/n's POV

"I can't do this anymore, I don't want a divorce, I want to make my marriage work, we have to cut all ties I'm sorry." I put my phone down getting out of the car.

"Two dozen roses please." I take the bunch driving home to apologize to my amazing wife.

"MADDY MADDY, QUICK IT, MUMMY"

"What is it, Zac?" He pulls my hand to our bedroom where I see my wife on the bed.

"Florence? baby?" My eyes are full of tears.

I see a note in her hand.

"Y/n I'm sorry to have left you like this. When I went to the doctor he have me a month to live. I wanted to spend that month in your arms. Thank you for making my last moments the most special. Please take care of one another and know I'll always love you. Forever your Florence. x"

I hold her in my arms placing the note down.

"Is mummy OK?" I see he's crying

I try my best to hold back my cries. "She's in a better place son, she's not in pain anymore." I place her down kissingher head and covering her. I pick up my son looking back and closing the door.

A/n This story always gets me!!! Sorry haha