The Darkness

Been watching so much True Blood so here's a vampire reader x Cara. Y/n runs into Cara in a vampire x human bar and is so drawn to her that she can't let it go, oh obviously this will have mentions of blood knives etc so TW ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Can be a lonely life being a vampire, no one stays with you for very long they all either die or run away, I find myself drinking through it, another girl gone, ran when she found out.

I can only blame myself, I've been this way for the past 200 years and you think I'd be used to it right?

So here I am yet again drinking it away.

"Just bring the bottle please Bill." I gesture towards the barman. This place's a safe zone for vampires and humans anyone is welcome. The only rule is no feeding.

"Rough night Y/n?" Bill places the bottles of tequila in front of me.

"Could say that, had another girl run when she found out, a few days ago. I liked her a lot."

I shot back the liquid it's temporarily warming insides as it slides down.

I hear the door open the most beautiful scent wafting past my nose. Sweet like honeysuckle late at night with an after smell of lavender and thyme.

I can hear her heartbeat it's practically pounding out of their chest, she's never been here before
Something tells me this is her first encounter with my kind.

I swallow harshly before turning my head. I was greeted by a beautiful blonde with gorgeous hazel eyes.
I watch as she saunters through the bar making all heads turn. Some of those heads belonged to vampires who would drain every drop from. her, others who wish to turn her into one of us.

Mine however purely due to her sheer beauty, she walks towards a group of friends I assume don't smell like vampires. Very rarely do we get a group of humans in this kind of place.

I can't take my eyes off her, they stay glued to her most of the night, and she dances with several vampires all wishing they could taste her.

She seemingly disappears with a tall blonde, someone I've never seen before. I listen for her, I c a hear her heart, it's still beating.

"Did you see where the blonde went?"

"Pretty sure she went out back with one of those new guys that have been hanging around." I follow the sound of her heart. Hearing it picking up. she's scared.

"No please, I only wanted to dance." She's really scared. I search through the bar before reaching the back door. Her heart beat louder than before.

"Dressed like that you're asking to be drained!" I speed towards them holding his head back.

"The lady said no." I pull him pushing him away and standing in front of her.

"Do not try and fight me, I'm at least 150 years older than you, you know this is not a fight you can win." I bear my teeth asserting myself over the immature vampire. He slowly covers away retreating inside.

I retract my teeth before turning to see the girl up close for the first time.

"Are you ok?" The girl looks up at me nodding her head slowly her eyes glazed over.

"Thank you." She speaks softly and quietly.

"Did he hurt you?" She hold up her wrists which were already bruising. I take a hold of them softly.

"Let me get some ice for you." I hold my hand out for her and escort her back inside. We walk past the table with the vampire who tried to attack her. I shelter her taking her to the bar.

"Ice please Bill and a tea towel or anything to home the ice."

"You speak kinda funny." I turn my head quickly towards her making her jump slightly.

"Well, I am from a different time it can take me some time to get used to the way people speak nowadays." I gently place the ice across her wrist.

"That's cold." She tries to pull her hands away.

"It will help with the bruising. I'm Y/n by the way."

"Cara. Why aren't you like them?" She smiles softly at me I sense a certain innocence in her eyes.

"All they want is to bite me? why don't you?" I turn my attention back towards her wrist.

"How do you know I don't?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Cause you would have done it by now."

I laugh at her nativity "Maybe I like to play with my prey. Lure them into a false sense of security." I apply more pressure to her wrist making her wince.

"Or maybe I'm kidding, and you're just not my type," I smirk removing the ice.

"No, you're just not like them." She smiles sweetly at me.

"Girls like you're trouble, Cara." I hand the towel back to Bill.

"Two whiskeys please."

The evening went on and we spoke more. Turns out she'd not had the easiest life which I can relate to.

"Why a vampire bar? of all the places you could go why did you and your friends choose here?" I sit next to her my arm draped over the back of the booth.

"Something different, I've always kind of chased the bad things in life." Her body turns towards me. Seemingly her body leans in closer to me.

"The darkness in life?" I smile sadly at her.

"Exactly, this place is one of the darkest places we know." Her face is so bright everything about her is bright.

"But you have such light and to come to a place like this only dulls your light." Myand goes the cup her face but I stop myself.

"You are so dangerous! Such a sweet talker."

"I hate to cut the party short but it's getting awful close to sunrise."

"Oh of course you probably have a coffin or something." I let out the biggest laugh.

"Nothing quite that antiquated anymore. I sleep in my bedroom. which is in a basement away from the sun. I wish you well Cara." I stand taking her hand and kissing the back of it. Her skin warming my lips.

"Could I maybe see you again here tomorrow night?" I see her fiddle with her rings

"You surely do chase the darkness, Cara. I will be here at 11 pm." I take my leave to the ground to hide from the light that can give such life to others but so easily take mine away. Thoughts of Cara on my mind, only her as my eyes close for the day to begin...

A/N is this any good? there will be a part 2 for sure this was fun to write for me anyway haha