Chapter 3

Frisk was in the warm place in his dreams where he was before. More importantly HE was there surrounding him with his warmth and love.

"You know who I am," he said. "Don't you, Frisk?"

Frisk nodded and said, "I don't understand why you're showing mercy to me or why you want to save me. Do you know what I've done?"

"Of course. I see all no matter how many times you've reset the timeline."

"You are the highest Law. You know what I deserve. So, why won't you go ahead and banish me to hell already?!"

"I offer the same forgiveness to all no matter what a person has done. It's not what a person deserves. It's a gift only I can give."

The light came back again, and he offered his hand to Frisk.

"My mercy is yours if only you'll take it. Will you take it?" he asked.

Frisk once again hesitated, and the light filled his vision.

Frisk opened his eyes and saw light coming through the window. It was morning. He sat up and looked over the side of the bed, but Papyrus was nowhere to be found.

Frisk turned off the heating pad that was around his torso, pulled it off, jumped out of bed, and went into the bathroom. After doing his business and washing his hands and his face, he turned and saw the window he had jumped from the day before. He was alone now. It was way too tempting.

Frisk opened the window letting in the cold morning air and looked out. The snow was still on the ground, so the river was still good and cold. If no one was around, he could do it. He could put himself out of their misery with no one to notice or to care.

Nevertheless, Frisk hesitated. He remembered the one who had spoken to him in the night, the voice who loved him and wanted him to accept his mercy, and he froze in place with his hands on the ice-covered window sill.

It didn't make sense. Why did he want him to live so badly? What was there to live for? Surely, all Frisk had done was cause misery. Wouldn't killing himself make up for all that and make it all better? Was his life worth that much? Frisk didn't know. Frisk didn't feel like making the effort to know. He only wanted it all to stop, or at least, that's what he thought he wanted. He wasn't sure of that either.

"Frisk?! What are you doing?"

Frisk turned around and saw Papyrus standing in the doorway.

"Don't you know how cold it is outside?" Papyrus asked as he walked in and shut and locked the window again. "You could get hypothermia again, and then, we'd never be able to nurse you back to mental health."

Frisk looked out the window in dismay before he felt his hand being grabbed by Papyrus.

"Come on, Frisk," Papyrus said pulling Frisk behind him as he walked through his bedroom. "We have to go to town. You need a toothbrush and a certain older brother who shall not be named has not yet come back from the store to give you one…Oh, yeah."

Papyrus paused on the landing and said, "I guess I should give you a tour. Where you've been sleeping is my room and that room over there is where my lazy-as-hell brother sleeps. In between these rooms is the laundry room/bathroom. It's both since we didn't have much room to put them anywhere else."

Papyrus lifted Frisk and held him over the railing catching him off guard immediately.

"Down there is the den where we watch TV," Papyrus said before doing a somersault in the air over the railing and landing on his feet on the floor in front of the TV.

"Over there is the kitchen and under the stairs is the bathroom," Papyrus said nonchalantly while Frisk was still shaking in place. "And that's our house. Are you still cold? Hold on. Wait here while I look for your shoes and one of Sans' coats."