Chapter 15

Sans short cut downstairs to see Papyrus chasing Frisk around the couch.

"Come on, Frisk," Papyrus said. "What are you freaking out about? Just one touch."

"No!" Frisk yelled finally managing to climb on the outside of the staircase holding onto the railing as he feet climbed up the steps quickly. "I told you. I want my shirt."

"Frisk!" Papyrus yelled. "Get down from there! You could fall!"

"Papyrus, stop trying to touch people without their consent," Sans said. "God, that sounded so wrong. Frisk, get down from there before you break your neck. I got your shirt."

By that time, Frisk had made it up the stairs and was standing precariously on the other side of the railing in front of Sans' room.

"Alright," Frisk said climbing on top of the railing so that he was sitting on top of it with his legs hanging off the side.

"We'll be eating," Sans said walking into the kitchen.

"Are you sure you don't need help, Frisk?" Papyrus asked.

"I've passed obstacles more difficult than this," Frisk said. "I'll be fine."

"Whatever," Papyrus responded before following Sans.

Frisk moved his legs so that they could land on the floor instead of hanging off the railing, but that was when he got his idea. He rolled up the legs of his pants and held onto the railing with his hands. Then using his hands for support, he stood up on the railing. Frisk smiled. Success.

Next, Frisk slowly walked forward on the railing placing one foot in front of the other. He smiled again. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, that's when Frisk started feeling dizzy. His head felt very light, and the room started spinning. That was when he lost his footing. The next thing he knew he was falling head over heels over the railing towards the television below.

Thankfully before Frisk landed on top of the television, Sans caught him by his soul from his spot at the table.

"I told ya not to climb up there, kid," Sans said setting him on his feet. "You could have broken your neck."

Frisk tried standing up, but the light-headedness was still there. He staggered toward the couch and collapsed on top of it.

"Frisk?" Sans asked. "Frisk, are you alright?"

"What's the matter with Frisk?" Papyrus asked getting up from his spot on the table and seeing Frisk lying on the couch. "Frisk?"

Papyrus ran over to the couch, picked Frisk up, and carried him to the kitchen where he sat him down where he was sitting.

"I don't know what happened," Frisk muttered as he laid his on top of his folded arms on the table. "I just started feeling so weak and dizzy."

"You're probably just hungry. Here, you can have my plate," Papyrus said adding more to the already full plate of food sitting in front of Frisk. "Oh, I forgot the orange juice."

Papyrus ran over to the fridge and carried out a large jug of orange juice out for Frisk.

He dropped it on the table in front of Frisk and said, "You have to drink the rest of this!"

"What's the matter with me?" Frisk said still lying on his arms and staring blankly ahead. "Why am I so weak?"

"Look at your torso, kiddo," Sans said.

Frisk did what he instructed and saw the outline of his ribs and all the self-inflicted stabbing wounds.

"You lost a lot of blood in your ritual yesterday," Sans said. "Papyrus healed you, but it's still gonna take your body a while to recover from that, especially since you've done it a lot. The condition is called anemia, but don't worry too much about it. Some food will help ya start feeling better."

"Thanks," Frisk said sitting up and grabbing a fork to start eating with. "I am so hungry."

"You should be," Sans said. "You haven't eaten in about 24 hours, and I'm willing to bet it's been much longer than that since you've had a decent meal. Hasn't it?"

Frisk froze for a moment with his mouth full and looked at Sans.

"You shared all your memories with us," Sans said. "Remember? Besides, I can see all your ribs. You're very underweight."

Frisk swallowed the eggs that were in his mouth and thought hard while staring at his plate of food trying to remember the last time he had eaten well.

"You're right. When you found me, I hadn't eaten anything that day or the day before either," Frisk said. "I don't remember when the last time I ate was."

"Frisk, how could you start neglecting your needs that badly?!" Papyrus said sitting in his chair with a look of concern.

"It's not like I did it on purpose, Papyrus. I can't explain it that well. I was just focused on fixing my mistakes that sometimes I forgot about it. I wasn't thinking about anything else."

"I just don't understand how anyone could forget about eating. Eating is like one of the best things ever."

"Not eating is common in people with depression," Sans said crumpling up the t-shirt in a ball and tossing it at Frisk's head. "Here, cover up your body."

When Frisk looked up, he was suddenly blinded by the t-shirt that Sans had thrown on his head.

"Sans, don't throw things at the table!" Papyrus said while Frisk pulled the old t-shirt on.

"I had to get it back to him somehow," Sans replied. "He was the one making a fuss about not having it."

"Why couldn't you just hand it to him like a normal person?"

"Come on, bro. Where's your funny bone?"

Papyrus facepalmed and said, "Unbelievable."

"Hey, kid," Sans said while Papyrus sulked, and Frisk went back to eating his food. "Just so you know, what I said yesterday still stands. Eventually, we will let you leave to explore the rest of the Underground as long as you come back, but until then, you're not allowed to leave until we think you're better, in your mind and in your body. We're gonna be watching you more closely now too, due to your violent self-harming tendencies. You're not allowed to be left by yourself until I think you're well enough either. Is that alright?"

Frisk swallowed his food, took a drink from his jug of orange juice, and wiped his face his sleeve.

"No, Frisk," Papyrus fussed while he got up and walked to the counter. "Don't wipe your face on your sleeve. Let me get you a napkin. I know you were a street kid but honestly…"

"Well, kid?" Sans asked.

Frisk looked up, took a deep breath, and said, "Yesterday, all I wanted to do was die. Since my failed reset, I don't really want to kill myself anymore, but I don't think I completely have a reason to keep going either, and honestly, I'm tired of wandering and being on my own. I'm not supposed to do that anymore. He said so last night. He also told me to learn how to receive mercy, so I can give it to others. I'm not sure exactly how to do that yet. I don't know what I'm doing, but somehow, I feel like staying here and learning from my two new adopted brothers is the right thing to do. I feel happier already. I haven't had a family or friends in such a long time…"

Frisk was interrupted when Papyrus started wiping his face with a napkin.

"Frisk, you are adopted now," Papyrus said. "You will never be alone again."

"He's right, kid," Sans said. "You don't ever have to think you're on your own again. You've got us now. Got it?"

When Papyrus finally stopped wiping his face, Frisk smiled and said, "Got it."

He felt his heart grow warmer with love and determination. His HP went up another point.